* As You Requested
@ 1998-03-30 16:18 Brian E.W. Wood
From: Brian E.W. Wood @ 1998-03-30 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

As you requested in your installation docs I am sending you mail to tell
you I have built EGCS 1.0.2. I am not sure that I have done so
successfully.

First, I had to edit config.sub to replace the alphaev56 CPU type with
alphapca56. This is because the 21164pc Alpha processor reports itself
differently from the 21164a. The only difference between the CPUs is
that the pc version lacks some of the on-board cache and had MMV
instruction capability. Any code that will run on the ev version should
run on the pc version however.

Because of the above the output, of config.guess is:

alphapca-unknown-linux-gnu

The system is running RedHat Linux version 5.0 with all errata applied.
The system is a SX motherboard running 533Mhz with 64Mb RAM.

I ran the testsuites. I do not know how to interpret the results
however. It would appear that there were some problems:

                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            4862
# of unexpected failures        8
# of expected failures          5
# of unsupported tests          9
/usr/local/egcs/gcc/xgcc version egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2
release)

                === g++ Summary ===

# of expected passes            3387
# of unexpected failures        4
# of unexpected successes       4
# of expected failures          82
# of untested testcases         10
/usr/local/egcs/gcc/testsuite/../xgcc version egcs-2.90.27 980315
(egcs-1.0.2 release)

                === g77 Summary ===

# of expected passes            131
# of unexpected failures        1
/usr/local/egcs/gcc/g77 version egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2
release)

I don't know if I should be concerned about this or not, it certainly
seems like things are *mostyl* working.

--
Brian E.W. Wood  beww@intac.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-03-30 16:18 UTC | newest]