* RE: advapi32 on win32 host, cccp
@ 1998-03-26 21:54 Don Bowman
From: Don Bowman @ 1998-03-26 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mumit Khan'; +Cc: 'egcs@cygnus.com'

Title: RE: advapi32 on win32 host, cccp

> Don Bowman <don@pixsci.com> writes:
> > When building the CVS image of today (march 24), I find
> > that cccp.exe cannot be built on a winnt system. It is
> > missing -ladvapi32 on the end of the link line.
>
> Don,
>
> This is only needed for stage1 compiler build, so just add:
>
>   CLIB = -ladvapi32
>
> to gcc/Makefile and go on from there. The subsequent stages will
> automatically add this (cf: gcc/config/i386/cygwin32.h).
>
> I usually recommend that people pick up pre-build binaries
> from my site
> which already these changes and quite a few more, and then use that to
> bootstrap newer versions instead of using the development tools
> supplied with Cygwin32 b19. See my Gnu-Win32 project page:

Thanks for the advice. However, since I am building a cross-compiler,
I'm not sure its pertinent: gcc/config/i386/cygwin32.h doesn't
get used.

My question was actually: should configure fixed to add -ladvapi32?
Or should the compiler on my system do that automatically? I think
you have answered that my compiler should do that automatically,
and that I should edit my specs file

--don

* Re: advapi32 on win32 host, cccp
@ 1998-03-26 21:54 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1998-03-26 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Don Bowman; +Cc: 'egcs@cygnus.com'

Don Bowman <don@pixsci.com> writes:
> When building the CVS image of today (march 24), I find
> that cccp.exe cannot be built on a winnt system. It is
> missing -ladvapi32 on the end of the link line.

Don,

This is only needed for stage1 compiler build, so just add:

  CLIB = -ladvapi32

to gcc/Makefile and go on from there. The subsequent stages will
automatically add this (cf: gcc/config/i386/cygwin32.h).

I usually recommend that people pick up pre-build binaries from my site
which already these changes and quite a few more, and then use that to
bootstrap newer versions instead of using the development tools
supplied with Cygwin32 b19. See my Gnu-Win32 project page:

  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

I'm copying the egcs list as well so that others may find it in the
archives when asking the same question next week ;-) It seems to come
up often enough.

Regards,
Mumit

* advapi32 on win32 host, cccp
@ 1998-03-24 21:05 Don Bowman
From: Don Bowman @ 1998-03-24 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'egcs@cygnus.com'

Title: advapi32 on win32 host, cccp

When building the CVS image of today (march 24), I find
that cccp.exe cannot be built on a winnt system. It is
missing -ladvapi32 on the end of the link line.
(This is compiled with cygnus cygwin32 b19.1, cross
compiling for mips-gnu-elf).

Has anyone else noticed this? Should I be fixing the
host gcc to link with advapi32 automatically? Or should
I be fixing the configure step?