* Proposed Patch for init_parse
@ 1998-04-04 14:20 Dave Brolley
From: Dave Brolley @ 1998-04-04 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: gcc-local

Hi,

Attached is my proposed patch for the init_lex-->init_parse interface
change for egcs. It covers C, C++, fortran and (hopefully) ada (the
3.10p source from cs.nyu.edu:/pub/gnat).

The basic idea is to replace init_lex() with init_parse(char
*filename) and to add finish_parse(). init_parse opens the source file
(used to be done in toplev.c) and does whatever else init_lex used to
do. finish_parse closes the source file (if necessary). The definition
of FILE *finput is moved to whichever file contains init_parse.

1) This is all that was necessary for C and fortran. I built and
tested this patch on i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1.

2) C++ already had a function called init_parse which was called by
init_lex. This function was renamed to init_cpp_parse. I built and
tested this patch on i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1.

3) Ada does not appear to use finput as the source file, so I just
renamed init_lex to init_parse and added an empty finish_parse. The
attached patch to Ada includes Jim Wilson's patch which is already in
README.gnat. Let me know if I should supply a patch which assumes
Jim's patch is already there. I was unable to build and test this
patch because I don't have the ada compiler installed on my system.

Please let me know of any problems with these patches and let me know
if you want me to install them or if someone else does.

Dave

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-04-04 14:20 UTC | newest]