* RE: Can code compiled with g++ 3.3.1 run with earlier versions ofcompiler runtime environment?
@ 2004-09-23 15:11 Arora, Sudhanshu
From: Arora, Sudhanshu @ 2004-09-23 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: James E Wilson

Sorry James, I forgot to mail to the  list.
From: James E Wilson @ 2004-09-27 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arora, Sudhanshu; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 05:11, Arora, Sudhanshu wrote:
>  but then the problem arises with libgcc_s.so.1. I don't have a static version of this library with me.

libgcc_s.so.1 is the shared version of the static libgcc.a library.
There are options to control whether a static or shared libgcc is linked
in: -static-libgcc, --shared-libgcc.

However, it might be better to build a gcc configured with the
--disable-shared configure option, so that you don't have to worry about
shared library issues.