* shared libgcc test question
@ 2003-05-17 17:09 Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2003-05-17 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC

Hi,

when I run the testsuite for gcc, against which library do the tests link?

This question may sound a bit weird, but I implemented a(the) gcc dylib
for darwin and I wanted to know if this lib works ok.

When I run the tests for other parts of gcc (libffi, boehm-gc,
libstdc++) the make check complains about not finding the
libgcc_s.1.dylib. When I provide the necessary links the tests run fine
and in case of libstdc++-v3 a bit faster. Will check libjava soon.

Thanks,
Andreas

* Re: shared libgcc test question
@ 2003-05-19 20:43 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2003-05-19 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Tobler; +Cc: GCC

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 05:39:02PM +0200, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> when I run the testsuite for gcc, against which library do the tests link?

The new one.  We use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find it, for most systems.

r~

* Re: shared libgcc test question
@ 2003-05-20  5:32   ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2003-05-20  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson; +Cc: GCC

Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 05:39:02PM +0200, Andreas Tobler wrote:
>
>>when I run the testsuite for gcc, against which library do the tests link?
>

> The new one.  We use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find it, for most systems.

Thanks, it seems to work :)
On darwin it's DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Andreas