From: David Brown <david@westcontrol.com>
To: Vishal B Patil <vishal.b.patil@cummins.com>
Cc: Basile Starynkevitch <basile@starynkevitch.net>,
	Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>,
	"gcc@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: GCC support addition for Safety compliances
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 17:23:06 +0200	[thread overview]

On 12/07/2023 14:43, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 at 10:25, Vishal B Patil via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> Any updates ?
>
> You're not going to get any useful answers.
>
> You asked "Please share the costs and time as well." Costs for what? From whom?
>
> GCC is an open-source project with a diverse community of hundreds of
> contributors. Who are you asking to give you costs? What work are you
> expecting them to do?
>
> It is unlikely that you obtained GCC from https://gcc.gnu.org so you
> should probably talk to whoever provided you with your GCC binaries.

Most people get their GCC binaries for free, and no such source is going
to be able to help for safety compliance or any other kind of
certification.  Certification always costs time, effort and money.  But
there are suppliers who provide toolchain binaries with commercial
support contract, and which could help with certification.  I know Code
Sourcery certainly used to be able to provide language compliance
certification - I have no idea if they still can (it seems they are part
of Siemens these days).  Maybe Red Hat (part of IBM) can do so too, and
possibly others.  But perhaps that will give the OP a starting point.

David