* Gcc complex division (default) algorithm
@ 2004-12-07 13:59 Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2004-12-07 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi everyone,

I would ask you to have a brief look to the recent messages in gcc-bugs
named *complex numbers: basically, it turns out that, by default (that
is, when flag_complex_divide_method == 0) we are using a ""naive"" algo
for complex division.

Now, I can definitely understand that the "improved" algorithm, already
implemented (see expand_complex_div_wide in gcc/tree-complex.c) is more
costly, but would like to know the rationale of the choice, its history,
future plans (C99?): comments are very welcome!

Thank you in advance,
Paolo.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-12-07 13:59 UTC | newest]