* wwwdocs: cxx-reflection/index.html Standardeze
@ 2023-12-03  0:36 Jonny Grant
From: Jonny Grant @ 2023-12-03  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC

Hello

I held of making a patch to change this (to remove it), does Standardeze mean something:

https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-reflection/index.html

Kind regards
Jonny

* Re: wwwdocs: cxx-reflection/index.html Standardeze
@ 2023-12-03  2:16 ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2023-12-03  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonny Grant; +Cc: GCC

On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 5:40 PM Jonny Grant <jg@jguk.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I held of making a patch to change this (to remove it), does Standardeze mean something:
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-reflection/index.html

It means written in the same form as the language that is the C++
standard.  It is a term which is used to describe that the language
that the C++ standard uses sometimes can be hard to read due to the
terms used which is not how C++ developers know them as.

The project and C++ has moved on from the time it was being developed
even. concepts in C++20 seems like the evolution of that work even.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

@ 2023-12-03 10:11   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2023-12-03 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Pinski; +Cc: Jonny Grant, GCC

On Sun, 3 Dec 2023, 02:18 Andrew Pinski via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 5:40 PM Jonny Grant <jg@jguk.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I held of making a patch to change this (to remove it), does Standardeze
> mean something:
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-reflection/index.html
>
> It means written in the same form as the language that is the C++
> standard.  It is a term which is used to describe that the language
> that the C++ standard uses sometimes can be hard to read due to the
> terms used which is not how C++ developers know them as.

Literally, the language of the standard. Like legalese:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/legalese

> The project and C++ has moved on from the time it was being developed
> even. concepts in C++20 seems like the evolution of that work even.

Things have moved as far as actual reflection in the language being
proposed for C++26:
https://wg21.link/p2996r0

* Re: wwwdocs: cxx-reflection/index.html Standardeze
@ 2023-12-03 11:53     ` Jonny Grant
From: Jonny Grant @ 2023-12-03 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely, Andrew Pinski; +Cc: GCC

On 03/12/2023 10:11, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2023, 02:18 Andrew Pinski via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org <mailto:gcc@gcc.gnu.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 5:40 PM Jonny Grant <jg@jguk.org <mailto:jg@jguk.org>> wrote:
>     >
>     > Hello
>     >
>     > I held of making a patch to change this (to remove it), does Standardeze mean something:
>     >
>     > https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-reflection/index.html <https://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx-reflection/index.html>
>
>     It means written in the same form as the language that is the C++
>     standard.  It is a term which is used to describe that the language
>     that the C++ standard uses sometimes can be hard to read due to the
>     terms used which is not how C++ developers know them as.
>

> Literally, the language of the standard. Like legalese:
> https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/legalese <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/legalese>

I see. Thank you both for clarifying.
Jonny