* compiling libgomp separately
@ 2009-08-01 11:28 Robert Oeffner
From: Robert Oeffner @ 2009-08-01 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
I'm trying to port GCC 4.4.0 to interix. I have some issues with libgomp. To
save time rather than bootstrapping GCC each time I make a change I would
like to compile libgomp separately to make my amendments take effect. So I
copied gcc-4.4.0/libgomp/ to a separate folder mylibgomp/ and from there ran
../gcc-4.4.0/libgomp/configure and gmake in that folder. libgomp does
compile object files but no library files, libgomp.so and libgomp.a. Are
there anyone who could point out what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Rob

Robert Oeffner, 15 Bayford Place,  Cambridge, CB4 2UF
tel: +44(0)1223 369685,   mobile: +44(0)7712 887162

* Re: compiling libgomp separately
@ 2009-08-01 11:58 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-08-01 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Oeffner; +Cc: gcc

Robert Oeffner wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to port GCC 4.4.0 to interix. I have some issues with
> libgomp. To save time rather than bootstrapping GCC each time I make a
> change I would like to compile libgomp separately to make my amendments
> take effect. So I copied gcc-4.4.0/libgomp/ to a separate folder
> mylibgomp/ and from there ran ../gcc-4.4.0/libgomp/configure and gmake
> in that folder. libgomp does compile object files but no library files,
> libgomp.so and libgomp.a. Are there anyone who could point out what I'm
> doing wrong?

  You can't use the subdirectory configures like that, they depend on the
top-level configure to pass stuff down to them.  What you need to do is do a
full bootstrap once, then cd into your $objdir/$target/libgomp and just run a
"make all" at that level.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: compiling libgomp separately
@ 2009-08-02 19:37 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2009-08-02 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Oeffner; +Cc: gcc

On 08/01/2009 04:28 AM, Robert Oeffner wrote:
> I'm trying to port GCC 4.4.0 to interix. I have some issues with
> libgomp. To save time rather than bootstrapping GCC each time I make a
> change I would like to compile libgomp separately to make my amendments
> take effect.

Configure with --disable-bootstrap so that gcc won't try to bootstrap
when you type make.  You can also use "make all-target-libgomp" to just
build libgomp and everything it depends on (which probably includes gcc).

Jim