* LatticeMico32 support in GCC 4.5
@ 2009-09-06 12:01 sebastien.bourdeauducq
From: sebastien.bourdeauducq @ 2009-09-06 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, devel

Hi,

Would you mind including support for the LatticeMico32 soft processor in
the upcoming GCC 4.5 series?

We at Milkymist [1] develop a free system-on-chip design [2] that uses the
Mico32 processor and having out-of-the box Mico32 support in GCC would help
software development on this free SoC platform.

Support for Mico32 is already included in recent binutils releases.

A patch [3] was submitted to the GCC mailing list last December, that we
are currently using with GCC 4.4. It seems pretty stable as it allows us to
compile a working Linux kernel [4].

Looking forward to your positive answer,
Sébastien Bourdeauducq

[1] http://www.milkymist.org
[2] http://www.milkymist.org/doc/paper_overview.pdf
[3] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-12/msg01024/lm32.patch
[4] http://lekernel.net/blog/?p=540

* Re: LatticeMico32 support in GCC 4.5
@ 2009-09-06 15:21 ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2009-09-06 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sebastien.bourdeauducq; +Cc: gcc, devel

FWIW we have been using the lm32 patches against
4.3 and 4.4 and providing them with the RTEMS
tool RPMs.  We would also appreciate these
getting reviewed and merged.

Thanks.

--joel