* The reincarnation of PR15242
@ 2009-09-07 16:12 Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2009-09-07 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: pinskia

This seems to be an an old bug that has come back.  We're generating

L1210:
        jmp     *%eax
.L4:
.L5:
        jmp     .L1210
.L1171:
.L1172:
        jmp     .L1210
.L1168:
.L1169:
        jmp     .L1210

instead of

.L1210:
        jmp     *%eax
.L4:
.L5:
        jmp     *%eax
.L1171:
.L1172:
        jmp     *%eax
.L1168:
.L1169:
        jmp     *%eax

Current gcc trunk, x86, gcc -O3 ef.i  -S -m32.

Attachment in old Bugzilla entry at
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=6206&action=view

Andrew.

* Re: The reincarnation of PR15242
@ 2009-09-08 21:18 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-09-08 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley; +Cc: gcc, pinskia

Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:

> This seems to be an an old bug that has come back.  We're generating
>
> L1210:
>         jmp     *%eax
> .L4:
> .L5:
>         jmp     .L1210
> .L1171:
> .L1172:
>         jmp     .L1210
> .L1168:
> .L1169:
>         jmp     .L1210
>

> instead of
>
> .L1210:
>         jmp     *%eax
> .L4:
> .L5:
>         jmp     *%eax
> .L1171:
> .L1172:
>         jmp     *%eax
> .L1168:
> .L1169:
>         jmp     *%eax
>
> Current gcc trunk, x86, gcc -O3 ef.i  -S -m32.
>
> Attachment in old Bugzilla entry at
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=6206&action=view

We should have something like this in the testsuite.

Ian

* Re: The reincarnation of PR15242
@ 2009-09-09  9:17   ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2009-09-09  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: gcc, pinskia

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> This seems to be an an old bug that has come back.  We're generating
>>
>> L1210:
>>         jmp     *%eax
>> .L4:
>> .L5:
>>         jmp     .L1210
>> .L1171:
>> .L1172:
>>         jmp     .L1210
>> .L1168:
>> .L1169:
>>         jmp     .L1210
>>

>> instead of
>>
>> .L1210:
>>         jmp     *%eax
>> .L4:
>> .L5:
>>         jmp     *%eax
>> .L1171:
>> .L1172:
>>         jmp     *%eax
>> .L1168:
>> .L1169:
>>         jmp     *%eax
>>
>> Current gcc trunk, x86, gcc -O3 ef.i  -S -m32.
>>
>> Attachment in old Bugzilla entry at
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=6206&action=view
>

> We should have something like this in the testsuite.

I've been thinking about that.  How would one go about writing a testcase?
I guess we're looking for a lot of jmp instrs all bracnhing to the same
label.

@ 2009-09-09 14:16     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-09-09 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley; +Cc: gcc, pinskia

Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:

> I've been thinking about that.  How would one go about writing a testcase?
> I guess we're looking for a lot of jmp instrs all bracnhing to the same
> label.

Yeah.  I would probably just wimp out and write a couple of target
specific test cases.

Ian