* Re: gccadmin hooks: make it a public git repo
       [not found] <d36a5ee2-d0aa-6fec-e330-20e796a93d9b@suse.cz>
@ 2021-01-07 10:42 ` Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2021-01-07 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph S. Myers, Jakub Jelinek, Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: GCC Development

Adding GCC ML.

@ 2021-01-13 16:29   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-01-13 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Liška; +Cc: Joseph S. Myers, Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

Makes sense to me.

@ 2021-01-13 17:00     ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2021-01-13 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: Martin Liška, Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

I'm fine with having it set up with a public repository.  If you have a
public (bare) repository that would of course need to have its own hooks
to update the (non-bare) hooks-bin checkout after a push.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: gccadmin hooks: make it a public git repo
@ 2021-01-14  9:02       ` Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2021-01-14  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Myers, Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

On 1/13/21 6:00 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> I'm fine with having it set up with a public repository.

Ok, can you please do it Joseph?

> If you have a
> public (bare) repository that would of course need to have its own hooks
> to update the (non-bare) hooks-bin checkout after a push.

I can imagine a cron job similar to which one we use for 'Daily bump'.
Would it be feasible?

Thanks,
Martin

* Re: gccadmin hooks: make it a public git repo
@ 2021-05-24  7:11         ` Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2021-05-24  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Myers, Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

PING^1

@ 2021-12-13 16:23           ` Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2021-12-13 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Myers, Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

Hello.

I would like to ping this as Joel wrote that we'll be switching
to Python3. I know there are some scripts that are definitely in Python 2
and I would like to port it.

Having a git repo seems to me the only reasonable way doing that.

Can we please set it up?
Cheers,
Martin

@ 2021-12-13 20:58             ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2021-12-13 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Liška; +Cc: Jonathan Wakely, Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

On Mon, 13 Dec 2021, Martin Liška wrote:

> I would like to ping this as Joel wrote that we'll be switching
> to Python3. I know there are some scripts that are definitely in Python 2
> and I would like to port it.

Scripts in hooks-bin are executed in separate processes, not imported into
the same Python interpreter as the main hooks, so I don't think there is
any dependency involved on what Python version the main hooks use (make
sure nothing is setting PATH or PYTHONPATH in a way that would affect
those scripts and make them not find any system packages they depend on,
directly or via the /home/gccadmin/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages
reference in commit_checker, however).

The only one that's Python 2 appears to be email_to.py, which is trivial
and should work with Python 3 with no changes other than to the #! line.

> Having a git repo seems to me the only reasonable way doing that.

There is a repository (/home/gccadmin/hooks-bin/.git), it's just not a
bare one (so not suitable for pushing to) and not public (but anyone in
the gcc group should be able to clone it, read-only, over ssh).

> Can we please set it up?

If someone with the relevant access wishes to set up a public, bare
repository with appropriate post-receive hook to update the hooks-bin
checkout that gets used, they are welcome to do so.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: gccadmin hooks: make it a public git repo
@ 2021-12-14 15:40               ` Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2021-12-14 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Myers; +Cc: Jonathan Wakely, Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

On 12/13/21 21:58, Joseph Myers wrote:
> There is a repository (/home/gccadmin/hooks-bin/.git), it's just not a
> bare one (so not suitable for pushing to) and not public (but anyone in
> the gcc group should be able to clone it, read-only, over ssh).

All right, I would be happy at least with that. So I tried:

$ scp -r marxin@gcc.gnu.org:/home/gccadmin/hooks-bin.git .

But it didn't copy any files (no output).

Can please anybody add me to gcc group?

Thanks,
Martin

* Re: gccadmin hooks: make it a public git repo
@ 2021-12-14 16:14                 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-12-14 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Liška; +Cc: Joseph Myers, Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 at 15:40, Martin Liška <mliska@suse.cz> wrote:

> On 12/13/21 21:58, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > There is a repository (/home/gccadmin/hooks-bin/.git), it's just not a
> > bare one (so not suitable for pushing to) and not public (but anyone in
> > the gcc group should be able to clone it, read-only, over ssh).
>
> All right, I would be happy at least with that. So I tried:
>
> $ scp -r marxin@gcc.gnu.org:/home/gccadmin/hooks-bin.git .

That should be hooks-bin/.git not hooks-bin.git

And you probably want to copy the hooks-bin directory, not just its
.git, don't you?

This works for me:

git clone gcc.gnu.org:/home/gccadmin/hooks-bin

(I don't need to specify my user name because it's in my .ssh/config,
but use marxin@gcc.gnu.org if needed)

> But it didn't copy any files (no output).
>
> Can please anybody add me to gcc group?

You're already in that group.

* Re: gccadmin hooks: make it a public git repo
@ 2021-12-15 12:16                   ` Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2021-12-15 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: Joseph Myers, Jakub Jelinek, GCC Development

On 12/14/21 17:14, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> git clone gcc.gnu.org:/home/gccadmin/hooks-bin

Works for me as well, thanks!

So as Joseph mentioned, we are really prepared for the transition
as there's only the email_to.py script that can be ported.

Cheers,
Martin