* testsuite location for adding new tests
@ 2008-06-12 21:01 Le-Chun Wu
From: Le-Chun Wu @ 2008-06-12 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: janis187

Hi,

As part of our thread safety annotation/analysis effort, we created
about 17 new test cases that we would like to add to the gcc
testsuite. Should we create a new sub-directory under testsuite/g++.dg
(say, for example, g++.dg/thread-ann)? Or should we add them to an
existing sub-dir, e.g. testsuite/g++.dg/warn? (Some of the test cases
would cause the compiler to emit thread safety warning messages, but
some of them are "good" cases that no warning should be generated. So
we are not sure if they should all go to g++.dg/warn.) Thanks,

Le-chun

* Re: testsuite location for adding new tests
@ 2008-06-18 19:27 ` Janis Johnson
From: Janis Johnson @ 2008-06-18 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le-Chun Wu; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 14:01 -0700, Le-Chun Wu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of our thread safety annotation/analysis effort, we created
> about 17 new test cases that we would like to add to the gcc
> testsuite. Should we create a new sub-directory under testsuite/g++.dg
> (say, for example, g++.dg/thread-ann)? Or should we add them to an
> existing sub-dir, e.g. testsuite/g++.dg/warn? (Some of the test cases
> would cause the compiler to emit thread safety warning messages, but
> some of them are "good" cases that no warning should be generated. So
> we are not sure if they should all go to g++.dg/warn.) Thanks,

g++.dg/thread-ann seems like a good location for these tests.

Janis