* RE: Query for Cross-compiler
@ 2002-09-04 11:15 Jan Reimers
From: Jan Reimers @ 2002-09-04 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'KAMAL PUNN', gcc; +Cc: kamal.punn

> This command create Makefile, and after running makefile with
> command make
> it gives error.

Please tell us what the error is!

* Query for Cross-compiler
@ 2002-09-04 10:55 KAMAL PUNN
From: KAMAL PUNN @ 2002-09-04 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: kamal.punn

Hi,

My name is kamal and right now we are facing problems in building
cross-compiler for our sun-3/80.  Actually we have very old sun server named
as sun-3/80.And on this m/c we have to run some c++ programs. But
unfortunately we don't have compiler for c++ on this m/c.  So now we are
trying to make cross-compiler for sun-3/80.  We are trying to make
cross-compiler from linux ( i.e gcc 3.2 ) to sun-3/80.  In the configure
command we are using the following options and targer m/c. Then it create a
Makefile and when we are doing make on this file. At last it gives us
errors. Below is the configure command, please suggest some thing to build
cross-compiler for our old sun-3/80 server. We want to compile all our code
with this cross-compiler so that we can port our executable to sun-3/80.
Here is the command:

/gcc/gcc-3.2/configure --prefix=/cross-build -program-prefix=m68
--program-suffix=-3.2 --target=m68k-sun --disable-shared --enable-threads
--enable-languages="c,c++" --with-headers=/cross-build/target/sys-include
--with-libs=/cross-build/target/lib --with-newlib

This command create Makefile, and after running makefile with command make
it gives error.

Please suggest something regarding this build as we are in urgency of this
work.

Thanking you in anticipation

kamal punn

castelle,inc.