* bootstrapping and regtesting 4.5 is much slower than 4.4.1
@ 2009-07-17  9:08 Dominique Dhumieres
From: Dominique Dhumieres @ 2009-07-17  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Since 4.4.1 is closed to be released, I have bootstrapped and regtested
4.4.1 in the 4_4 branch at revision 149690. It took ~2h30 to bootstrap
and ~5+h to regtest (single thread) on my macbook. The typical times
for trunk are between 3h30 and 4h for bootstrap and ~8h to regtest.

Is this known or am I the only to see that? Any explaination?

TIA

Dominique

* Re: bootstrapping and regtesting 4.5 is much slower than 4.4.1
@ 2009-07-17  9:13 ` Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2009-07-17  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique Dhumieres; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Dominique Dhumieres<dominiq@lps.ens.fr> wrote:
> Since 4.4.1 is closed to be released, I have bootstrapped and regtested
> 4.4.1 in the 4_4 branch at revision 149690. It took ~2h30 to bootstrap
> and ~5+h to regtest (single thread) on my macbook. The typical times
> for trunk are between 3h30 and 4h for bootstrap and ~8h to regtest.
>
> Is this known or am I the only to see that? Any explaination?

I guess we got more checking (at least EH checking was added, also
we do type verification everywhere now).  To confirm this you could
compare bootstrap/testing numbers with checking disabled.

Richard.