* libffi not installed
@ 2002-12-31  3:32 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-12-31  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Hackers

Today I did a clean build and install of the trunk, and I noticed that
libffi is not installed.

I see this in the top-level Makefile.in:

# Dummy target for uninstallable.
install-target-libffi:

I'd prefer it if libffi install decisions were left up to the libffi
Makefile.

Tom

* Re: libffi not installed
@ 2002-12-31 12:00 ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2002-12-31 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: GCC Hackers

On 31 Dec 2002, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I'd prefer it if libffi install decisions were left up to the libffi
> Makefile.

Perhaps the original idea was the people who wanted libffi installed would
have it installed from an actual libffi release, not the copy of the
libffi tree imported into the GCC tree?  (When there was a separate libffi
tree used for actual development and releases.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk

* Re: libffi not installed
@ 2002-12-31  3:45 Nathanael Nerode
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2002-12-31  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, tromey

>Today I did a clean build and install of the trunk, and I noticed that
>libffi is not installed.
>
>I see this in the top-level Makefile.in:
>
># Dummy target for uninstallable.
>install-target-libffi:
>
>I'd prefer it if libffi install decisions were left up to the libffi
>Makefile.
>
>Tom

This reproduced existing behavior prior to my cleanups; I found that
several subdirectories were never installed and reproduced that.

If libffi provides a functioning "install" target (even if it's a dummy target
which does nothing) this can be removed safely.

Note the following line in Makefile.def:

target_modules = { module= libffi; no_install=true; };

Just remove the "no_install=true;" and regenerate Makefile.in if you
want libffi to be installable.  Happy?

--Nathanael