* version
@ 2002-09-02 14:59 Dzu Nguyen
From: Dzu Nguyen @ 2002-09-02 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi

My school is using gcc on their digital unix system.  I was
curious to know, how I can check the version of gcc.

For example to check the version in perl, I type in 'perl -v'; if
I wanted to check windows/ms-dos version, I type in 'ver'.

Is there a command line option to check for the version for gcc?

Thanks

Dzu

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net

* Re: version
@ 2002-09-03  6:56 ` Peter Barada
From: Peter Barada @ 2002-09-03  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dzucchini; +Cc: gcc

>My school is using gcc on their digital unix system.  I was
>curious to know, how I can check the version of gcc.

'gcc -v' or 'gcc --version'

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)

* Re: version
@ 2002-09-03 14:30 ` Nix
From: Nix @ 2002-09-03 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dzucchini; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Dzu Nguyen stipulated:
> My school is using gcc on their digital unix system.  I was
> curious to know, how I can check the version of gcc.
>
> For example to check the version in perl, I type in 'perl -v'; if
> I wanted to check windows/ms-dos version, I type in 'ver'.
>
> Is there a command line option to check for the version for gcc?

gcc -dumpversion.

(This really belongs on gcc-help...)

--
`Mips are real and bitrate earnest, shifting spam is not our goal;
 silicon to sand returnest, was not spoken of the soul.'

* Re: version
@ 1997-08-15 20:38 Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-08-15 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

  In message <199708152036.NAA11253@cygnus.com>you write:
  > > So, do we want this to be 2.7.90? or something else?
  >
  > We want the version to be more than 2.8.  I suggest something
  > that suggests almost-gcc3:  Such as 2.90.0 or 2.9.0 for our
  > first "release".
I've made it 2.90.00.

jeff