* Webinar "A Compiler's View of the OpenMP API" (Johannes Doerfert)
@ 2021-06-04  6:13 Thomas Schwinge
From: Thomas Schwinge @ 2021-06-04  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Johannes Doerfert

Hi!

A webinar has been announced: "A Compiler's View of the OpenMP API"
(Johannes Doerfert),
<https://www.openmp.org/events/webinar-a-compilers-view-of-the-openmp-api/>,
<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/openmp-architecture-review-board_welcome-you-are-invited-to-join-a-webinar-activity-6803692593621348352-7OCc>,
<https://twitter.com/OpenMP_ARB/status/1397926123133038593>,
<https://www.facebook.com/OpenMPARB/posts/4226480994071083>.

This is in the LLVM/Clang context, but certainly likewise going to
be interesting for GCC/OpenMP types; a lot of the core concepts are
similar -- and where they're different that's likewise interesting.

| In this webinar we will look at the interpretation of OpenMP API
| directives by the compiler frontend, including OpenMP’s interaction
| with the compiler optimizations and how OpenMP runtimes are used behind
| the scenes to implement directives.
| We will discuss how different implementation choices impact user
| experience and performance, either explicitly or due to their
| interaction with optimizations. In addition to best practices,
| participants will learn how to interact with the LLVM/Clang compiler to
| determine how OpenMP directives were implemented and optimized. We will
| follow with time for your questions.
| The webinar is presented by Johannes Doerfert, researcher in the Math
| and Computer Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory. He is the
| code owner of the LLVM/OpenMP target offloading implementation and a
| member of the OpenMP language committee since 2018 with a special
| interest in accelerator programming.
|
|   - Date: Thursday, June 10
|   - Time: 1600 UTC | 6 pm CET | 9 am Pacific
| Register, <https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Bu3hJS0CTiqSYcQdg2d3jw>

(Johannes, hope you don't mind.)  ;-)

Grüße
 Thomas
Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH, Arnulfstrasse 201, 80634 München Registergericht München HRB 106955, Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-06-04  6:13 UTC | newest]