* Can I have some basic BZ perms please?
@ 2009-07-19 17:17 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-07-19 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

    Hi team,

  I'd like to have some basic BZ perms if I may, so I can help out with
cygwin/win32-related PRs.  I'd like to be able to assign bugs to myself (at
least ones that I created myself, depending how fine-grained it is), and
perhaps be allowed to change status on other bugs too (I occasionally run into
already fixed bugs, or bugs waiting for confirmation that I can confirm).  Is
there a policy?  I'm only a WAA contributor, not a maintainer, but I think I
can generally be trusted to know what I'm doing :)

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Can I have some basic BZ perms please?
@ 2009-07-19 17:20 ` Kai Tietz
From: Kai Tietz @ 2009-07-19 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Korn; +Cc: gcc

2009/7/19 Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com>:

>    Hi team,
>
>  I'd like to have some basic BZ perms if I may, so I can help out with
> cygwin/win32-related PRs.  I'd like to be able to assign bugs to myself (at
> least ones that I created myself, depending how fine-grained it is), and
> perhaps be allowed to change status on other bugs too (I occasionally run into
> already fixed bugs, or bugs waiting for confirmation that I can confirm).  Is
> there a policy?  I'm only a WAA contributor, not a maintainer, but I think I
> can generally be trusted to know what I'm doing :)
>
>    cheers,
>      DaveK

Do you use for bugzilla your gcc.gnu.org email address?
By doing this you should have some rights more.

Cheers,
Kai

--

@ 2009-07-19 17:20 ` Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2009-07-19 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Korn; +Cc: gcc

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Dave
Korn<dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:

>    Hi team,
>
>  I'd like to have some basic BZ perms if I may, so I can help out with
> cygwin/win32-related PRs.  I'd like to be able to assign bugs to myself (at
> least ones that I created myself, depending how fine-grained it is), and
> perhaps be allowed to change status on other bugs too (I occasionally run into
> already fixed bugs, or bugs waiting for confirmation that I can confirm).  Is
> there a policy?  I'm only a WAA contributor, not a maintainer, but I think I
> can generally be trusted to know what I'm doing :)

Permissions are automatically granted to people with a gcc.gnu.org
login (thus if you have write-after approval SVN access).  Just register
a new bugzilla user with that e-mail address.

Richard.

* Re: Can I have some basic BZ perms please?
@ 2009-07-19 17:52   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-07-19 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Guenther; +Cc: Dave Korn, gcc

Richard Guenther wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Dave
> Korn<dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>    Hi team,
>>
>>  I'd like to have some basic BZ perms if I may, so I can help out with
>> cygwin/win32-related PRs.  I'd like to be able to assign bugs to myself (at
>> least ones that I created myself, depending how fine-grained it is), and
>> perhaps be allowed to change status on other bugs too (I occasionally run into
>> already fixed bugs, or bugs waiting for confirmation that I can confirm).  Is
>> there a policy?  I'm only a WAA contributor, not a maintainer, but I think I
>> can generally be trusted to know what I'm doing :)
>
> Permissions are automatically granted to people with a gcc.gnu.org
> login (thus if you have write-after approval SVN access).  Just register
> a new bugzilla user with that e-mail address.

  Ah, I didn't know that.  I bet the perms are only generated during account
creation and not if I update my existing email address....

  Thanks for the info, Rich and Kai.  My gcc addy forwards to my gmail anyway
so I'll just do as you suggest.

    cheers,
      DaveK