* Installation in Windows
@ 1997-12-04  2:52 Philippe PRADOS
From: Philippe PRADOS @ 1997-12-04  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

We can't start 'configure' with Windows. How can we generate version ? or
where can we find compiled version for windows ?

Thank's

Philippe PRADOS

* Re: Installation in Windows
@ 1997-12-04 14:19 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1997-12-04 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe PRADOS; +Cc: egcs

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Philippe PRADOS wrote:

> We can't start 'configure' with Windows. How can we generate version ? or
> where can we find compiled version for windows ?

I assume you mean Microsoft Windows, right?

I'll have a egcs-1.0 binary distribution for gnu-win32 (aka cygwin32) and
mingw32 (native win32, not foreign DLLs) sometime this weekend. Check the
following web page anytime after Sunday (Dec. 7, 1997):

    http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

In addition to the binaries, you'll also find the source patches against
egcs-1.0 distribution.

I'm sure DJGPP and RSX folks will have something done sometime soon as
well.

If you use cygwin32 or mingw32 release, be sure to subscribe to the
gnu-win32 mailing list ( http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/ for more
info) where most of the users hang out.

Regards,
Mumit -- khan@xraylith.wisc.edu

@ 1997-12-04 14:41 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-12-04 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe PRADOS; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 01bd0092$3f5915b0$6d068609@magauto1 >you write:
  > We can't start 'configure' with Windows. How can we generate version ? or
  > where can we find compiled version for windows ?
I don't think we support windows.  You might be able to get something running
using cygwin, but I don't think bare windows will work.
jeff

* Re: Installation in Windows
@ 1997-12-04 20:26   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1997-12-04 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: Philippe PRADOS, egcs

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

>   In message < 01bd0092$3f5915b0$6d068609@magauto1 >you write:
>   > We can't start 'configure' with Windows. How can we generate version ? or
>   > where can we find compiled version for windows ?
> I don't think we support windows.  You might be able to get something running
> using cygwin, but I don't think bare windows will work.
> jeff

See http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ for more info
on running egcs natively under win32 (aka mingw32). I've been distributing
a reasonably complete development toolchain based on egcs-971023, and now
it's time for egcs-1.0 hopefully sometime this weekend.

My local changes are derived from Jan-Jaap's changes (see my web page for
more info -- follow the ftp pointer), and then quite a few other misc
fixes to account for win32 braindeadness. Most of Jan-Jaap's changes are
now approved by Kenner (thanks to Jan-Jaap's great work and persistence),
and will be in FSF gcc-2.8.0. The other changes, eg., the ones to libU77
are completely unofficial until they're approved by the respective
authors/maintainers.

Good news is that my local tree based on egcs-971201 snapshot passed all
but gcov and profile dejagnu tests. The failures are "expected" on this
platform, at least for now.

Mumit