* C_INCLUDE_PATH bug for Windows 95 version of 1.0.2
@ 1998-03-26 18:14 John W. M. Stevens
From: John W. M. Stevens @ 1998-03-26 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I grabbed and installed the Windows 95 binary of egcs-1.0.2-mingw32 on
my Windows box.

No matter how I muck around with setting up the environmental variables,
gcc cannot find the include files.

I get messages like:

No include path in which to find stdio.h

I have grabbed and loaded the suggested batch file
and it doesn't work either.  Nothing I do seems to
tell gcc where the include files are, including using
the -I command line switches.

This looks like a real bug.

Help?

John S.

* Re: C_INCLUDE_PATH bug for Windows 95 version of 1.0.2
@ 1998-03-29  5:14 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1998-03-29  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John W. M. Stevens; +Cc: egcs

"John W. M. Stevens" <jstevens@samoyed.ftc.nrcs.usda.gov> writes:
> I grabbed and installed the Windows 95 binary of egcs-1.0.2-mingw32 on
> my Windows box.
>
> No matter how I muck around with setting up the environmental variables,
> gcc cannot find the include files.
>
> I get messages like:
>
> No include path in which to find stdio.h

Bug in MS Windows runtime (W95 only, NT ok), not in egcs/gcc. The
work-around is in the development sources, but in the release tree.

Please grab the "fixed" cpp from my ftp site (see fixes/updates area).
Also reachable from the web site. A good to place to check when you
find a problem to see if it's been fixed.

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/releases/fixes/

Mumit