* Enable debug info
@ 2014-01-29  9:48 Umesh Kalappa
From: Umesh Kalappa @ 2014-01-29  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear All,

We need to support  the debug info emit for our private port on gcc 4.8.1.

I was in impression using option -g in the commandline by defualt
,will emit  the dwarf debugging symbols and the info ,But i was wrong
here.

Anyone in the group point me some references or through some lights on
how do i enable debug options  in the compiler.

Appreciate your comments and Thank you
~Umesh

* Re: Enable debug info
@ 2014-01-29  9:50 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2014-01-29  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Umesh Kalappa, gcc

On 01/29/2014 09:36 AM, Umesh Kalappa wrote:
> I was in impression using option -g in the commandline by defualt
> ,will emit  the dwarf debugging symbols and the info ,But i was wrong
> here.

It usually does.

Andrew.

* RE: Enable debug info
@ 2014-01-30  5:41 ` Iyer, Balaji V
From: Iyer, Balaji V @ 2014-01-30  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Umesh Kalappa, gcc

What version of GDB are you using? If you are not using the latest one, the DWARF's version might mismatch. Try to add -g and -gdwarf-2