* A 404 error in gcc-4.8.2 onlinedocs
@ 2014-01-26 22:43 Gleb Smirnov
From: Gleb Smirnov @ 2014-01-26 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi All,

I have been browsing the online docs here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.2/gcc/
Turns out that clicking on "3.6 Options Controlling Objective-C and
Objective-C++ Dialects" results in a 404 error.

That is, http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.2/gcc/Objective-C-and-Objective-C_002b_002b-Dialect-Options.html
does no exist.

The same thing happens if I try clicking "Next" or "Previous" in
adjacent sections.

I was unable to find a dedicated mailing list, so please forward this
message to where it should be, if it does not belong here.

Kind Regards,
Gleb Smirnov

* Re: A 404 error in gcc-4.8.2 onlinedocs
@ 2014-01-27  4:38 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2014-01-27  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gleb Smirnov; +Cc: gcc

Hi Gleb,

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014, Gleb Smirnov wrote:
> I have been browsing the online docs here:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.2/gcc/
> Turns out that clicking on "3.6 Options Controlling Objective-C and
> Objective-C++ Dialects" results in a 404 error.
>
> That is, http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.2/gcc/Objective-C-and-Objective-C_002b_002b-Dialect-Options.html
> does no exist.

thanks for the report, I just fixed this "manually".

For a bit more background refer to
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-12/msg00047.html and
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-12/msg00135.html ;
in a nutshell, this was due to what I consider broken design in
makeinfo and an incomplete workaround on our side.

I did not touch the documentation of released versions of GCC
and the docs for GCC 4.8.3 will not exhibit this problem when
created, but since you ran into this and reported it, I now
did that fixup for gcc-4.8.2/gcc.

Gerald

* Re: A 404 error in gcc-4.8.2 onlinedocs
@ 2014-01-30  3:49   ` Gleb Smirnov
From: Gleb Smirnov @ 2014-01-30  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for fixing this. I'm glad to hear that a permanent
workaround will be there in 4.8.3.

Cheers,
Gleb