* What is going on here with fixup_cfg?
@ 2021-05-04 20:48 Gary Oblock
From: Gary Oblock @ 2021-05-04 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

My jaws hit the floor when I saw this bug:

psimplex.c: In function ‘master.constprop’:
psimplex.c:124:6: error: non-trivial conversion in ‘constructor’
  124 | void master(network_t *net, int num_threads)
      |      ^
struct _modif_basket *[4061]
struct _modif_basket *[4061]
struct _modif_basket *[4061]
struct _modif_basket *[4061]
# .MEM_111 = VDEF <.MEM_103>
perm ={v} {CLOBBER};
during GIMPLE pass: fixup_cfg
psimplex.c:124:6: internal compiler error: verify_gimple failed
0x12da3a4 verify_gimple_in_cfg(function*, bool)
../../sources/gcc/tree-cfg.c:5482
0x10e69f8 execute_function_todo
../../sources/gcc/passes.c:1992
0x10e598b do_per_function
../../sources/gcc/passes.c:1640
0x10e6be8 execute_todo
../../sources/gcc/passes.c:2046

I've included a bit too much stuff but the bit that
confused the heck out of me was the

struct _modif_basket *[4061]
struct _modif_basket *[4061]

associated with the clobber.

I've been banging away for few days
trying to make the types associated with
the left and right hand sides of this clobber
agree and now it's complaining about that
too?!

The type of perm has changed so what
should right hand type be now? When
dumping out other instances of clobber,
the instances all matched so why should
this need to be different?

Thanks,

Gary

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to Ampere Computing or its subsidiaries. It is to be used solely for the purpose of furthering the parties' business relationship. Any unauthorized review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

* Re: What is going on here with fixup_cfg?
@ 2021-05-05  7:21 ` Richard Biener
From: Richard Biener @ 2021-05-05  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Oblock; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 12:19 AM Gary Oblock via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> My jaws hit the floor when I saw this bug:
>
> psimplex.c: In function ‘master.constprop’:
> psimplex.c:124:6: error: non-trivial conversion in ‘constructor’
>   124 | void master(network_t *net, int num_threads)
>       |      ^
> struct _modif_basket *[4061]
> struct _modif_basket *[4061]
> struct _modif_basket *[4061]
> struct _modif_basket *[4061]
> # .MEM_111 = VDEF <.MEM_103>
> perm ={v} {CLOBBER};
> during GIMPLE pass: fixup_cfg
> psimplex.c:124:6: internal compiler error: verify_gimple failed
> 0x12da3a4 verify_gimple_in_cfg(function*, bool)
> ../../sources/gcc/tree-cfg.c:5482
> 0x10e69f8 execute_function_todo
> ../../sources/gcc/passes.c:1992
> 0x10e598b do_per_function
> ../../sources/gcc/passes.c:1640
> 0x10e6be8 execute_todo
> ../../sources/gcc/passes.c:2046
>
> I've included a bit too much stuff but the bit that
> confused the heck out of me was the
>
> struct _modif_basket *[4061]
> struct _modif_basket *[4061]
>
> associated with the clobber.
>
> I've been banging away for few days
> trying to make the types associated with
> the left and right hand sides of this clobber
> agree and now it's complaining about that
> too?!
>
> The type of perm has changed so what
> should right hand type be now?

The same type? ;)  Try dumping with -uid which
will get you type and decl UIDs printed.  Maybe
you have multple instances of 'struct _modif_basket'.