* Query regarding GSoC
@ 2022-03-17 17:38 Riva Malthiyar
From: Riva Malthiyar @ 2022-03-17 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Respected mentor,
I am Riva Malthiyar from India. I am experienced in C/C++. I saw the list
of projects in your GSoC project ideas and wish to work in one of them. In
the "Before You Apply" Section there is something related to compiler, I
did not understand that point. What kind of compiler is needed?
Regards
Riva Malthiyar

* Re: Query regarding GSoC
@ 2022-03-17 17:49 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2022-03-17 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riva Malthiyar; +Cc: GCC Development

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 1:39 PM Riva Malthiyar via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Respected mentor,
> I am Riva Malthiyar from India. I am experienced in C/C++. I saw the list
> of projects in your GSoC project ideas and wish to work in one of them. In
> the "Before You Apply" Section there is something related to compiler, I
> did not understand that point. What kind of compiler is needed?

Hi, Riva

Thank you for your interest to apply to participate in GSoC for the GCC project.

GCC is a compiler.  GCC is the system compiler for many, major Linux
distributions and many other operating systems and embedded
environments.  It helps to be aware of compilers and GCC to
participate in the GSoC for the GCC project.

Thanks, David