* Generating minimum libstdc++ symbols for a new platform
@ 2014-01-09 16:48 Bill Schmidt
From: Bill Schmidt @ 2014-01-09 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: dje.gcc, bergner

Hi,

It was recently pointed out to me that our new powerpc64le-linux-gnu
target does not yet have a corresponding directory in libstdc
++-v3/config/abi/post/ to hold a baseline_symbols.txt for the platform.
I've been looking around and haven't found any documentation for how the
minimum baseline symbols file should be generated.  Can someone please
enlighten me about the process?

Thanks,
Bill

* Re: Generating minimum libstdc++ symbols for a new platform
@ 2014-01-26 16:17 ` Richard Sandiford
From: Richard Sandiford @ 2014-01-26 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Schmidt; +Cc: gcc, dje.gcc, bergner, libstdc++

[adding libstdc++@]

Bill Schmidt <wschmidt@linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
> It was recently pointed out to me that our new powerpc64le-linux-gnu
> target does not yet have a corresponding directory in libstdc
> ++-v3/config/abi/post/ to hold a baseline_symbols.txt for the platform.
> I've been looking around and haven't found any documentation for how the
> minimum baseline symbols file should be generated.  Can someone please
> enlighten me about the process?

Yeah, I'd like to know this too.  abi_check has been failing for
mips*-linux-gnu for a long while but I was never sure what to do about it.

Thanks,
Richard

* Re: Generating minimum libstdc++ symbols for a new platform
@ 2014-01-28 17:54   ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2014-01-28 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Schmidt, GCC Development, David Edelsohn, Peter Bergner,
	libstdc++,
	Richard Sandiford

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Richard Sandiford
<rdsandiford@googlemail.com> wrote:
> [adding libstdc++@]
>
> Bill Schmidt <wschmidt@linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:
>> It was recently pointed out to me that our new powerpc64le-linux-gnu
>> target does not yet have a corresponding directory in libstdc
>> ++-v3/config/abi/post/ to hold a baseline_symbols.txt for the platform.
>> I've been looking around and haven't found any documentation for how the
>> minimum baseline symbols file should be generated.  Can someone please
>> enlighten me about the process?
>
> Yeah, I'd like to know this too.  abi_check has been failing for
> mips*-linux-gnu for a long while but I was never sure what to do about it.

libstdc++/testsuite Makefile has a "new-abi-baseline" target.

# Use 'new-abi-baseline' to create an initial symbol file.  Then run
# 'check-abi' to test for changes against that file.

- David