* I have questions regarding the 4.3 codebase...
@ 2023-03-22 22:27 Sid Maxwell
From: Sid Maxwell @ 2023-03-22 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Is there anyone on the list with experience with the gcc 4.3 codebase?  I'm
currently maintaining a fork of it, with a PDP10 code generator.

I've run into an issue involving the transformation of a movmemhi to a
single PDP10 instruction (an xblt, if you're curious).  The transformation
appears to 'lose' its knowledge of being a store, resulting in certain
following stores being declared dead, and code motion that shouldn't happen
(e.g. a load moved before the xblt that depends on the result of the xblt).

I'm hoping to find someone who can help me diagnose the problem.  We want
to use this instruction rather than the copy-word-loop currently generated
for struct assignments.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

-+- Sid Maxwell