* contrib/reghunt documentation
@ 2023-10-01 19:19 Thomas Koenig
From: Thomas Koenig @ 2023-10-01 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

is there some sort of concise explanation of how to use the
scripts in contrib/reghunt?  There is no real documentation
for what is in the directory, specifically not how to invoke
them, and which directory to invoke them from. I have also
not been able to do run the examples from contrib/reghunt/examples,
let alone my own regression search.

* Re: contrib/reghunt documentation
@ 2023-10-04  8:00 ` Richard Biener
From: Richard Biener @ 2023-10-04  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Oct 1, 2023 at 9:20 PM Thomas Koenig via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there some sort of concise explanation of how to use the
> scripts in contrib/reghunt?  There is no real documentation
> for what is in the directory, specifically not how to invoke
> them, and which directory to invoke them from. I have also
> not been able to do run the examples from contrib/reghunt/examples,
> let alone my own regression search.

since this all predates the git move I wouldn't suggest to use these scripts.
Maybe we should simply remove all of contrib/reghunt?  CCing author.

Richard.

* Re: contrib/reghunt documentation
@ 2023-10-04  8:50   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2023-10-04  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2023 at 09:04, Richard Biener via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 1, 2023 at 9:20 PM Thomas Koenig via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there some sort of concise explanation of how to use the
> > scripts in contrib/reghunt?  There is no real documentation
> > for what is in the directory, specifically not how to invoke
> > them, and which directory to invoke them from. I have also
> > not been able to do run the examples from contrib/reghunt/examples,
> > let alone my own regression search.
>
> since this all predates the git move I wouldn't suggest to use these scripts.
> Maybe we should simply remove all of contrib/reghunt?  CCing author.

I'm sure it could be adapted to use git bisect, but just using git
bisect directly seems much simpler. You usually need fewer than 10
lines of shell script to write a script for use with git bisect run.