* gnu as
@ 2023-08-18 23:20 h3140067568
From: h3140067568 @ 2023-08-18 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi, I am an open-source enthusiast from China. I really like the cross platform features of AS assembly compilers. I hope the community can independently open source a branch of the backend assembly compiler of GCC compiler in gcc.gnu.org, just like nasm, and continuously improve it through open source

* Re: gnu as
@ 2023-08-19  6:29 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2023-08-19  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: h3140067568; +Cc: gcc

On Sat, 19 Aug 2023, 00:21 h3140067568--- via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi, I am an open-source enthusiast from China. I really like the cross
> platform features of AS assembly compilers. I hope the community can
> independently open source a branch of the backend assembly compiler of GCC
> compiler in gcc.gnu.org, just like nasm, and continuously improve it
> through open source

I'm not sure what you mean, but maybe the Binutils project is what you want.

* Re: gnu as
@ 2023-08-19  8:57   ` h3140067568
From: h3140067568 @ 2023-08-19  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jwakely.gcc; +Cc: gcc

Is it similar to the gnu as86 assembly compiler? Actually, I just hope to have a separate branch of the as86 assembly compiler

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Jonathan Wakely<jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> |
| Date | 08/19/2023 14:29 |
| To | h3140067568@163.com<h3140067568@163.com> |