* Questions on transition from IPA_PASS (LTRANS) to SIMPLE_IPA_PASS
@ 2022-06-09 13:56 Erick Ochoa
From: Erick Ochoa @ 2022-06-09 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I understand some differences between IPA_PASSes and SIMPLE_IPA_PASSes.
However, I have questions about the cleanup processes that IPA_PASSes might
have.

* Would it be correct to assume that all node and edge summaries are
deleted after the last IPA_PASS? And would it also be correct to assume
that passes are responsible for releasing this information whenever it is
no longer needed? In other words, are there any methods / infrastructure
that runs between passes that may deallocate these summaries?
* Is there any sort of processing done on cgraph_nodes and cgraph_edges
beyond what is found in the LTRANS stage of each of the passes? I am
imagining something similar to streaming in and streaming out trees /
summaries, but I don't believe that should be the case. In my
understanding, the process that runs LTRANS is the same that runs the late
SIMPLE_IPA_PASSes.

Thanks!

-Erick

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-06-09 13:56 UTC | newest]