* Google Summer of Code -- Admin needed
@ 2014-02-05 18:46 Moore, Catherine
From: Moore, Catherine @ 2014-02-05 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc
  Cc: David Edelsohn (dje.gcc@gmail.com),
	Ian Lance Taylor (ianlancetaylor@gmail.com),
	Jan Hubicka (hubicka@ucw.cz),
	Schwinge, Thomas, Tobias Burnas (burnus@net-b.de),
	Jan Hubicka (hubicka@ucw.cz),
	Stephen Webb (stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca)

Hi All,

I acted as the Google Summer of Code Administrator in 2013 and I do not wish to continue.

There is an upcoming deadline (February 14th) for an organization to submit their applications to the Google Summer of Code.    Is there anyone who would like to act as the gcc admin for 2014?
I assume that folks would like to have the gcc project continue to participate;  we need to find someone to submit the application and commit to the admin duties.

The bulk of the work is organizational.  There are some web forms to fill out, evaluations need to be completed, an irc meeting was required, plus finding projects and mentors for the projects.

I hope someone will pick this up.

Thanks,
Catherine

* Re: Google Summer of Code -- Admin needed
@ 2014-02-11  2:51 ` Maxim Kuvyrkov
From: Maxim Kuvyrkov @ 2014-02-11  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catherine Moore
  Cc: gcc, David Edelsohn (dje.gcc@gmail.com),
	Ian Lance Taylor (ianlancetaylor@gmail.com),
	Jan Hubicka, Thomas Schwinge, Tobias Burnas (burnus@net-b.de),

On 6/02/2014, at 7:45 am, Moore, Catherine <Catherine_Moore@mentor.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I acted as the Google Summer of Code Administrator in 2013 and I do not wish to continue.
>
> There is an upcoming deadline (February 14th) for an organization to submit their applications to the Google Summer of Code.    Is there anyone who would like to act as the gcc admin for 2014?
> I assume that folks would like to have the gcc project continue to participate;  we need to find someone to submit the application and commit to the admin duties.
>
> The bulk of the work is organizational.  There are some web forms to fill out, evaluations need to be completed, an irc meeting was required, plus finding projects and mentors for the projects.
>
> I hope someone will pick this up.

I want to admin GCC's GSoC this year.

In the next several days I will be bugging past GCC GSoC admins and mentors to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into.  Please send me a note if you haven't been GSoC mentor in the past years, but want to try this year.

Thank you,

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.linaro.org

* Re: Google Summer of Code -- Admin needed
@ 2014-02-11  4:14   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2014-02-11  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Kuvyrkov; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov
<maxim.kuvyrkov@linaro.org> wrote:

> I want to admin GCC's GSoC this year.
>
> In the next several days I will be bugging past GCC GSoC admins and mentors to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into.  Please send me a note if you haven't been GSoC mentor in the past years, but want to try this year.

Thanks for doing this.

I encourage all GCC maintainers to sign up to be a mentor.  You don't
have to actually mentor a student; it gives you the opportunity to
comment on proposals.

Ian