* Fsf decision
@ 2021-04-16 12:47 pawel k.
From: pawel k. @ 2021-04-16 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,
I somehow got the feeling the truth and reason have won although there were
many odds against them.

https://www.fsf.org/news/statement-of-fsf-board-on-election-of-richard-stallman

Big thanks and congratulations to fsf board and rms himself.

Wonder what wokistanis gonna do now. Wonder whether there will be some
action against organizers of open letter with no opt out option a hutzpah
plus supporters of initial motion. I honestly hope so.

Best regards,
Pk

* Re: Fsf decision
@ 2021-04-16 12:54 ` Aaron Gyes
From: Aaron Gyes @ 2021-04-16 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pawel.kunio; +Cc: gcc

This is not new, this was what his FSF put out four or five days ago that that a lot of people found unacceptable.

Get a load of this, emphasis mine:

> RMS acknowledges that he has made mistakes. He has sincere regrets, **especially at how anger toward him personally has negatively impacted the reputation**and mission of FSF. While *his personal style remains troubling for some*, a majority of the board feel his behavior has moderated and believe that **his thinking strengthens the work** of the FSF in pursuit of its mission.

Aaron

* Re: Fsf decision
@ 2021-04-16 13:54   ` pawel k.
From: pawel k. @ 2021-04-16 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Gyes; +Cc: gcc

Hello,
Sorry for lags but im across the pond. Thanks for bearing with me.

Spot on emphasis.
Yes agree with you fully BOTH rms and his opponents should watch the
tongues a little more possibly if goodwilled towards fsf to make my point
weakest. Albeit the weight of guilt of theirs looks slightly bigger than
his imho but i may be biased.

Id say if i was to advice if anyone some all half whatever are weak in
discussions or get triggered good style would be non discussion of politics
like we treat religion. On other hand i dream of and will die fighting fir
it albeit out of fsf and gnu etc fir a world where anyone and everyone can
sit diwn calmly exchange the ideas learn from each other where can be and
close the topic. Although my understanding of reality is reality is not
ideal.

Cheers,
Pk