* Make cp-demangle non-recursive
@ 2022-06-14 22:12 Mohamed Atef
From: Mohamed Atef @ 2022-06-14 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, Martin Jambor

Hi,
    Are there any further details about this project?
Thanks
       Mohamed

* Re: Make cp-demangle non-recursive
@ 2022-06-15 11:02 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2022-06-15 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohamed Atef; +Cc: gcc

Hello Mohamed,

On Wed, Jun 15 2022, Mohamed Atef wrote:
> Hi,
>     Are there any further details about this project?

do you have any particular question in mind?

The project was not selected for this year's Google Summer of Code
program.  As far as I know nobody works on it outside the program (but I
just may not know).

When discussing the project earlier this year, Pedro Alves pointed out
that we also need demangler entry points which do not rely on malloc
which can be used in signal handlers.  That requirement is likely to
make the project uglier (but perhaps not necessarily much harder).

Martin

* Re: Make cp-demangle non-recursive
@ 2022-06-15 11:12   ` Mohamed Atef
From: Mohamed Atef @ 2022-06-15 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jambor; +Cc: gcc

Hi Martin,
     I haven't examin the whole project yet.
But i have free time till next October, I mean litterally free time nothing
to do. So during this time I think i can work with Jakub on OMPD and work
on something in gcc internals. Maybe you can suggest something not very big
something that can be done in 3 months.
    Mohamed

في الأربعاء، ١٥ يونيو، ٢٠٢٢ ١:٠٢ م Martin Jambor <mjambor@suse.cz> كتب: