* Re: Has FSF stopped processing copyright paperwork
@ 2021-04-26 21:01 Romain GEISSLER
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Romain GEISSLER @ 2021-04-26 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: mjw, hjl.tools, klkblake, fweimer

Hi,

(Please note that this mail is *NOT* about the recent discussions about the
relationship with the FSF. AFAIK to date FSF copyright assignment is still
required to contribute to gcc and this request is solely about how to have one
signed.)

Few weeks later, I would like to know if anyone on the list knows if FSF is
still processing copyright assignment these days. Basically shall people
willing to sign one just have to be patient as processing is still on-going,
or if processing copyright assignment is fully frozen.

I do understand that both Covid 19 and the recent change of team/management
in FSF staff have impacted the copyright assignment processing time. However
right now it seems FSF does not reply anymore (at least to me) when asking
for status of papers submitted in late 2020. The last mail reply I had from
FSF (copyright-clerk@fsf.org) was in january. I had no answer when trying to
revive this private mail thread with FSF 2 weeks ago.

So anyone has some insider information about the FSF copright assignment
process ?

Cheers,
Romain

* Re: Has FSF stopped processing copyright paperwork
@ 2021-04-26 21:14 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2021-04-26 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Romain GEISSLER via Gcc; +Cc: Romain GEISSLER, fweimer, klkblake, mjw

On Apr 26 2021, Romain GEISSLER via Gcc wrote:

> So anyone has some insider information about the FSF copright assignment
> process ?

I don't have insider information, but I just received a confirmation of
a copyright assignment for glibc.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1

* Re: Has FSF stopped processing copyright paperwork
@ 2021-04-26 21:23 ` Paul Smith
From: Paul Smith @ 2021-04-26 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Romain GEISSLER, gcc

On Mon, 2021-04-26 at 21:01 +0000, Romain GEISSLER via Gcc wrote:
> So anyone has some insider information about the FSF copright
> assignment process ?

I have no insider information but you can try asking on
gnu-prog-discuss@gnu.org (I think that list is open)

I assume you're communicating with copyright-clerk@fsf.org ?

* Re: Has FSF stopped processing copyright paperwork
@ 2021-04-26 21:31 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2021-04-26 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Romain GEISSLER; +Cc: gcc, fweimer, klkblake, mjw

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021, Romain GEISSLER via Gcc wrote:
> Few weeks later, I would like to know if anyone on the list knows if FSF is
> still processing copyright assignment these days. Basically shall people
> willing to sign one just have to be patient as processing is still on-going,
> or if processing copyright assignment is fully frozen.

I got notified of copyright assignments related to GCC by
copyright-clerk@fsf.org on April 5th, April 8th, April 22nd
(two instances) and April 26th (today).

So the process seems to be operational.

Gerald

* Re: Has FSF stopped processing copyright paperwork
@ 2021-04-26 22:32   ` Romain GEISSLER
From: Romain GEISSLER @ 2021-04-26 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: gcc, Florian Weimer, klkblake, mjw

copyright-clerk@fsf.org<mailto:copyright-clerk@fsf.org> on April 5th, April 8th, April 22nd
(two instances) and April 26th (today).

So the process seems to be operational.

Gerald

Ok thanks for confirming. So it means I need to be more patient then !
I will contact again copyright-clerk@fsf.org<mailto:copyright-clerk@fsf.org> in a some weeks to try to have
news about my case.

Cheers,
Romain