* Question about how to implement abi specific va_list (and builtins)
@ 2008-06-13  9:12 Kai Tietz
From: Kai Tietz @ 2008-06-13  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

The issue is, that for x86_64 the call for a w64 abi function should be
supported. The problem is, that va_list has always the type of the target
and there is no abi specific switching supported. My first idea was to
make the define for va_list_type_node in tree.h overridable for targets,
or replace the use of this type in code by an new target specific macro
(e.g. TARGET_VA_LIST).
Additionally of course new builtin types have to be added for such
targets, as for x86_64<->w64 like __builtin_ms_va_list and
__builting_sysv_va_list.
I am not sure if this approach would be ok. May somebody could give me a
hint about how to implement it?

Thanks in advance,
  Kai

|  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
| (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain
| (")_(") world domination.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-06-13  9:12 UTC | newest]