* HEADS UP: Web Pages under Construction
@ 2000-01-31 16:25 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-01-31 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Starting tonight (local time), I will perform major sugery on our web
pages and the machinery on the gcc.gnu.org machine.

In the course of this you might notice web pages with no link back to the
main, pages with no "last modified", pages with two "last modified", etc,
while the contents itself should not change (apart from minor fixes).

Please do not report any "cosmetic" problems during this period, as I am
probably already working in these anyway ;-), I'll drop you another note
when I feel I' done.

Gerald

* Re: HEADS UP: Web Pages under Construction
@ 2000-02-16 12:16 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-02-16 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Starting tonight (local time), I will perform major sugery on our web
> pages and the machinery on the gcc.gnu.org machine.

Okay, most if it is down now. Here are the major changes:

 o All of our pages are now preprocessed with our specific MetaHTML
   style upon `cvs commit`/checkout on the gcc.gnu.org web server.

 o <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">,
   a color scheme, the last modified date -- Yes, finally! -- and a
   common footer all are now added automatically; no need to tweak
   these by hand any longer! :-)

 o These elements can be easily updated on all pages at once by changing
   a single file.

 o To that end, I removed all <!DOCTYPE> tags and color definitions from
   our pages, as well as <address> tags and "last modified" statements.

 o Finally, I did a couple of egcs->GCC conversions and fixed the markup
   of some pages, for example by adding missing </body> and </html> tags.

Enjoy!

Gerald