* [patch, wwwdocs] Include "documentation" section on gfortran index.html
@ 2005-07-19  1:20 Brooks Moses
From: Brooks Moses @ 2005-07-19  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc-patches, fortran

As per a recent conversation with Steve Kargl on the fortran list, I'm
submitting this patch, which adds a small "Documentation" section to
the gfortran "home page", right below the "Binaries" section.

I can't seem to find any examples of ChangeLog entries for wwwdocs
entries; is one needed?

- Brooks

RCS file: /cvsroot/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/fortran/index.html,v
retrieving revision 1.23
diff -c -3 -p -r1.23 index.html
*** index.html  23 Jun 2005 20:14:32 -0000      1.23
--- index.html  19 Jul 2005 00:48:58 -0000
*************** A number of people regularly build binar
*** 99,104 ****
--- 99,110 ----
   Links to these can be found in <a
   href="http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran#download">the wiki</a>.</p>

+ <h2>Documentation</h2>
+ <p>The manuals for release and current-development versions of GNU
+ Fortran 95 can be downloaded from <a
+ href="http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran#download">the GCC documentation
+ page</a>.</p>
+
   <h2>Usage</h2>
   use the compiler once you have built it (or downloaded the binary).</p>

* Re: [patch, wwwdocs] Include "documentation" section on gfortran index.html
@ 2005-07-19  1:40 ` Brooks Moses
From: Brooks Moses @ 2005-07-19  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc-patches, fortran

Brooks Moses wrote:
> As per a recent conversation with Steve Kargl on the fortran list, I'm
> submitting this patch, which adds a small "Documentation" section to
> the gfortran "home page", right below the "Binaries" section.

Oh, bother.  I just noticed that I failed to update the link when I cut-
and-pasted from the Binaries section!

A corrected patch follows.

- Brooks

RCS file: /cvsroot/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/fortran/index.html,v
retrieving revision 1.23
diff -c -3 -p -r1.23 index.html
*** index.html  23 Jun 2005 20:14:32 -0000      1.23
--- index.html  19 Jul 2005 01:04:15 -0000
--- 99,109 ----

+ href="http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/">the GCC documentation page</a>.</p>
+

@ 2005-07-31 23:19   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2005-07-31 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brooks Moses; +Cc: gcc-patches, gcc, fortran

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Brooks Moses wrote:
>> As per a recent conversation with Steve Kargl on the fortran list, I'm
>> submitting this patch, which adds a small "Documentation" section to
>> the gfortran "home page", right below the "Binaries" section.
> Oh, bother.  I just noticed that I failed to update the link when I cut-
> and-pasted from the Binaries section!
>
> A corrected patch follows.

I was waiting for a gfortran maintainer to comment -- if it's fine
with them, it surely is fine with me.

That said, what do you think about omething along the lines of
http://gcc.gnu.org/java/ which a navigation bar on the left? Might
that be preferrable?

Gerald

* Re: [patch, wwwdocs] Include "documentation" section on gfortran index.html
@ 2005-07-31 23:36     ` Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2005-07-31 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: Brooks Moses, gcc-patches, gcc, fortran

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 01:19:01AM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Brooks Moses wrote:
> >> As per a recent conversation with Steve Kargl on the fortran list, I'm
> >> submitting this patch, which adds a small "Documentation" section to
> >> the gfortran "home page", right below the "Binaries" section.
> > Oh, bother.  I just noticed that I failed to update the link when I cut-
> > and-pasted from the Binaries section!
> >
> > A corrected patch follows.
>
> I was waiting for a gfortran maintainer to comment -- if it's fine
> with them, it surely is fine with me.

The patch is fine.  I was going to commit it, but real life
has taken over and gfortran is way down the list of important
things to do.

--
Steve

* Re: [patch, wwwdocs] Include "documentation" section on gfortran index.html
@ 2005-08-01  0:03       ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2005-08-01  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Kargl; +Cc: Brooks Moses, gcc-patches, gcc, fortran

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Steve Kargl wrote:
>> I was waiting for a gfortran maintainer to comment -- if it's fine
>> with them, it surely is fine with me.
> The patch is fine.  I was going to commit it, but real life
> has taken over and gfortran is way down the list of important
> things to do.

It's in.

If you are in favor of the navigation bar idea, just tell me that/how
you want it, and I'll help.

Gerald