* Re: gcc/gcc config.gcc config/sparc/linux.h config ...
       [not found] <20020405.204557.104676779.davem@redhat.com>
@ 2002-04-09  1:31 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2002-04-09  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: David S. Miller, David O'Brien

[ gcc-patches -> gcc ]

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, David S. Miller wrote:
>> From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
>> Is this something the BSD's should want?  I notice you added this to all
>> the UltraSparc configurations except FreeBSD and NetBSD.
> Yes, but I had no way to regression test those platforms.

Perhaps we should start a list of volunteers who test patches for "their"
platforms in such cases?

That is, whenever someone finds himself in a situation like DaveM here,
he checks, say http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html, notices that David
O'Brien volunteers to test sparc*-freebsd* patches and pings him?

(In the current case, I suppose just Cc:ing the NetBSD and FreeBSD
maintainers on the mail to gcc-patches, with a short ``You may want
this as well'' note would have been a good idea. Apart from the fact
that formally we don't have a FreeBSD maintainer, that is!)

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, David S. Miller wrote:
> Sure, no problem.  I'm checking this in now to both the mainline
> and the 3.1 branch.

Thanks!

Gerald

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-09  7:49 UTC | newest]