* re: missing libstdc++ on Solaris 2.6
@ 1998-03-31  0:20 James Black
From: James Black @ 1998-03-31  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hello,
  I had recently d/l egcs.1.0.2 and when I compiled it I couldn't find
libstdc++ and one program I am trying to compile requires it.  I then d/l
just the g++ file, and when I opened that I don't see any configure files
or how to make the Makefile, unless I am expected to modify Makefile.in by
hand.  I am curious how I can get a compiled version of libstdc++.
  I am using gcc-2.8.1 and GNUMake to do this.  If needed I can also use
cc/CC that somes with Solaris 2.6.

  The other option is if there is a version of stdc++ (source code) that I
can just d/l and compile with gcc, if that will help me, as that is what I
need mainly right now.

  Thank you very much for any possible assistance.

James Black (Comp Sci/Elec Eng Senior)
e-mail: black@eng.usf.edu       http://www.eng.usf.edu/~black/index.html
For my public key: finger -l black@eng.usf.edu
"A person might be able to play without being creative, but he sure
can't be creative without playing" Kurt Hanks & Jay Parry

* Re: missing libstdc++ on Solaris 2.6
@ 1998-04-01 11:37     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-04-01 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Black; +Cc: egcs

  In message < Pine.SUN.3.96.980401131400.24247E-100000@sunflash.eng.usf.edu >youte:
  >   I had d/l egcs-1.0.2.tar.gz, but I am d/l it again, just in case I got
  > the wrong version or something.  When I tried to do a make it seems to
  > ignore the libstdc++ directory, and so I didn't know what to do, as I am
  > assuming I shouldn't be making the Makefile myself.  Where should the
  > libstdc++ directory be in the directory, since I couldn't find it when I
  > had untarred the first version I tried.  That way I can put it in the
  > correct place if I need to.
I'm not sure how this could happen.

How did you configure egcs?

What command did you use to build the tree?

What version of make are you using?

jeff

* Re: missing libstdc++ on Solaris 2.6
@ 1998-04-01 13:41       ` James Black
From: James Black @ 1998-04-01 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: egcs

Hello,

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message < Pine.SUN.3.96.980401131400.24247E-100000@sunflash.eng.usf.edu >youte:
>   >   I had d/l egcs-1.0.2.tar.gz, but I am d/l it again, just in case I got
>   > the wrong version or something.  When I tried to do a make it seems to
>   > ignore the libstdc++ directory, and so I didn't know what to do, as I am
>   > assuming I shouldn't be making the Makefile myself.  Where should the
>   > libstdc++ directory be in the directory, since I couldn't find it when I
>   > had untarred the first version I tried.  That way I can put it in the
>   > correct place if I need to.
> How did you configure egcs?

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apps/egcs

> What version of make are you using?

GNU Make version 3.76.1

  In the one I just d/l the directories are there, so I will just try and
make it again, but it will take time (I'm doing this on a Sparc IPC
running Solaris 2.6).

  Thanx.

@ 1998-04-01 19:44         ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-04-01 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Black; +Cc: egcs

  In message < Pine.SUN.3.96.980401144631.24247F-100000@sunflash.eng.usf.edu >you
 write:
  > > How did you configure egcs?
  >
  > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apps/egcs
Hmmm, there's the possibility that you've tripped over one of the
many problems that occur when you build in the same directory as
the source.

Of course, that's why we recommend you build in a different directory
than the source.  For example:

tar zxf egcs-1.0.2.tar.gz
mkdir obj
cd obj
../egcs-1.0.2/configure --prefix=/usr/local/apps/egcs
make bootstrap.

jeff

* Re: missing libstdc++ on Solaris 2.6
@ 1998-04-02  8:21 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-04-02  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Black; +Cc: egcs

  In message <Pine.SUN.3.96.980329183448.13888L-100000@sunflash.eng.usf.edu>you
 write:
  > Hello,
  >   I had recently d/l egcs.1.0.2 and when I compiled it I couldn't find
  > libstdc++ and one program I am trying to compile requires it.
Did you download the "core" distribution or the full distribution?

libstdc++ is included in the full distribution.  If you just
downloaded the core, you'll need to go back to the ftp site and
download the "g++" package, which includes the libstdc++ runtime
library.

jeff

* Re: missing libstdc++ on Solaris 2.6
@ 1998-04-02  8:21   ` James Black