* convert_to_complex_1 vs convert
@ 2024-01-03 13:00 Etienne Buira
From: Etienne Buira @ 2024-01-03 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi all,

I'm currently following tiny language front-end tutorial, and went
across a build error:
ld: convert.o: in function 'convert_to_complex_1(tree_node*, tree_node*, bool)':
convert.cc:1038: undefined reference to 'convert(tree_node*, tree_node*)'

Looking at the sources, it looks like this call was introduced in commit
13c0d052578b.

So i'm kind of stuck here, as i don't know wether:
- convert.cc should limit itself to functions it knows are implemented
  in generic way.
- every frontend is mandated to export a convert(tree*, tree*) symbol.

Can someone help me here?

Regards

PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-01-03 13:00 UTC | newest]