* Regression fixes only
@ 2009-09-03 12:37 Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2009-09-03 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc-patches, fortran, java, libstdc++

As we've got quite some build problems on some targets and we clashed
with VTA, free-lang-data, expand and scheduler changes it's a good
time to slush the trunk for a short time.

Thus, starting from now the trunk is in regression and documentation
fixes only mode.

Please help sorting out issues on your targets.

Thanks,
Richard.

* Re: Regression fixes only
@ 2009-09-03 13:09 ` Basile STARYNKEVITCH
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH @ 2009-09-03 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Guenther; +Cc: gcc

Richard Guenther wrote:
> As we've got quite some build problems on some targets and we clashed
> with VTA, free-lang-data, expand and scheduler changes it's a good
> time to slush the trunk for a short time.
>
> Thus, starting from now the trunk is in regression and documentation
> fixes only mode.

I hope that does not mean that gcc has switched mysteriously from stage
1 to stage 3 (or even stage 2).

I am extremly interested in having the gengtype plugin patch accepted -
that is the gengtype.[ch] part of

I would be very sad if I have to wait six months for it to go into the
trunk (and as several people did notice, it is necessary for any plugins
  needing GGC).

So Richard, can we understand that GCC is in regression and
documentation fixes only mode for only a few days? Or did you decide a
stage 1 end? [I hope you did not].

Regards.

* Re: Regression fixes only
@ 2009-09-03 13:16   ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2009-09-03 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH; +Cc: Richard Guenther, gcc

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 09:09, Basile
STARYNKEVITCH<basile@starynkevitch.net> wrote:

> I hope that does not mean that gcc has switched mysteriously from stage 1 to
> stage 3 (or even stage 2).

No.  We freeze trunk when it crosses specific pain thresholds.

> I am extremly interested in having the gengtype plugin patch accepted - that
> is the gengtype.[ch] part of

I have it in my review queue.  When approved, you'll be able to commit
it whether or not we crossed to stage3.

Diego.

* Trunk in regular stage1 again
@ 2009-09-08  9:13 ` Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2009-09-08  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc-patches, fortran, java, libstdc++

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Richard Guenther wrote:

> As we've got quite some build problems on some targets and we clashed
> with VTA, free-lang-data, expand and scheduler changes it's a good
> time to slush the trunk for a short time.
>
> Thus, starting from now the trunk is in regression and documentation
> fixes only mode.
>
> Please help sorting out issues on your targets.

We're back in a reasonable state.  The trunk is open under the usual
stage1 rules again.

Richard.