* a small typo in the documentation, FYI
@ 2020-07-07 14:40 Nino Pereira
From: Nino Pereira @ 2020-07-07 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

The top line in
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.6.3/gfortran/BOZ-literal-constants.html

says " The syntax is: `prefix quote digits quote', were the prefix is
either b, o or z,"

Here, 'were' must be 'where'

HTH,

Nino

* Re: a small typo in the documentation, FYI
@ 2020-07-07 15:30 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2020-07-07 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nino Pereira; +Cc: gcc, fortran@gcc.gnu.org List

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 15:41, Nino Pereira via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> The top line in
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.6.3/gfortran/BOZ-literal-constants.html
>
> says " The syntax is: `prefix quote digits quote', were the prefix is
> either b, o or z,"
>
> Here, 'were' must be 'where'

Thanks. That page is the documentation from the GCC 4.6.3 release,
which is old, and has already been released, so its documentation
can't be changed now.

But the typo is still present in the currently supported branches.
I've CC'd the fortran mailing list, so our Fortran devs can fix it.

* Re: a small typo in the documentation, FYI
@ 2021-05-30 13:31 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2021-05-30 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nino Pereira; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020, Nino Pereira via Gcc wrote:
> The top line in
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.6.3/gfortran/BOZ-literal-constants.html
>
> says " The syntax is: `prefix quote digits quote', were the prefix is
> either b, o or z,"
>
> Here, 'were' must be 'where'

Thank you for the report, Nino.  I just committed a patch to fix this.

Gerald