* Unique identifier across different partitions (LTO)
@ 2021-06-29 13:13 Erick Ochoa
From: Erick Ochoa @ 2021-06-29 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I'm trying to generate unique identifiers for some trees at link time.
I understand that there are already some unique identifiers in
declarations (DECL_UID) and perhaps others. Do all trees have unique
identifiers or only declarations?

Alternatively, if they don't have unique identifiers, again, I am
trying to generate my own at link time. I originally was thinking
about just having a counter and incrementing it every time I add a
tree of interest to this data structure that I use to keep track of
trees. However, with the parallel LTO framework, this would mean that
identifiers will be duplicated across different partitions. Has anyone
done something similar where information across partitions needs to be
communicated?

What I was thinking of as an alternative to communicating this
information across partitions is to record the process id then use
this information to generate a unique identifier based on the counter
and the process id that is processing the partition. This derived
identifier would be generated during WPA time.

Has anyone had any experience doing something similar? I would be
interested in seeing similar examples and use cases.

Thanks!

* Re: Unique identifier across different partitions (LTO)
@ 2021-06-29 14:08 ` Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2021-06-29 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erick Ochoa, gcc

Hi.

> Has anyone had any experience doing something similar? I would be
> interested in seeing similar examples and use cases.

You likely need something similar to what I need:
https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2021-May/570953.html

Martin