* changing gcc
@ 2008-01-05 18:07 amnon stanislavsky
From: amnon stanislavsky @ 2008-01-05 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello

Could you please direct me on how to change gcc so that it will translate
c/c++ files to an assembly language to a new instruction set that I am
building?

Thank you in advance
Amnon

* Re: changing gcc
@ 2008-01-05 20:57 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2008-01-05 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amnon stanislavsky; +Cc: gcc

"amnon stanislavsky" <samnon@t2.technion.ac.il> writes:

> Could you please direct me on how to change gcc so that it will translate
> c/c++ files to an assembly language to a new instruction set that I am
> building?

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/

Notably the chapters "Machine Descriptions" and "Target Description
Macros and Functions".

Ian

* Re: Changing gcc
@ 2003-04-01  7:49 ` Fergus Henderson
From: Fergus Henderson @ 2003-04-01  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: djfm; +Cc: gcc

On 01-Apr-2003, djfm <djfm@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I'm new to Linux , I am under mandrake 8.2 , and I wanted to upgrade my
> gcc native compiler (2.96) to the last 3.2.2 , I downloaded it on
> gcc.gnu.org , and followed the compilation instructions. Or I may
> suppose to have done so. I've made a "make bootstrap" , all seem to have
> worked correctly , now I have the binaries and libraries installed in
> usr/local/ but they have not self-replaced the old ones.

Leave the old files where they are, and just change your PATH
environment variable so that /usr/local/bin (or whereever you installed
the new gcc) is included at the start.

E.g. if you are using bash, you can add the following line to your
~/.bash_profile file:

	PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

This message could not be encrypted because no digital certificate
was found for your address. However, you can encrypt your reply with
the certificate attached below. Details at www.unicrypt.com.au

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3083 bytes --]

* Changing gcc
@ 2003-04-01  6:59 djfm
From: djfm @ 2003-04-01  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi!
I'm new to Linux , I am under mandrake 8.2 , and I wanted to upgrade my
gcc native compiler (2.96) to the last 3.2.2 , I downloaded it on
gcc.gnu.org , and followed the compilation instructions. Or I may
suppose to have done so. I've made a "make bootstrap" , all seem to have
worked correctly , now I have the binaries and libraries installed in
usr/local/ but they have not self-replaced the old ones.
I have prefixes before app and folder names , such as
"i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc" ...
I dunno what to do , what file to rename nor where to put them.
Please answer *simply* , Im absolutly new to linux.
Dont forget to explain the stupid etaps that I'm sure I would fail in.
Thx a lot by advance to all.

PS: I dunno whether I'm wrinting to a newsgroup or to an email. I'm not
used to  it , I apologize.
Anyway please answer by mail.
And sorry for my bad english.

Thx again.