* Problem with config.guess in top-of-tree
@ 2002-12-27  7:40 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2002-12-27  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I'm trying to configure with it and I get a message that it can't
create a temporary directory in /tmp.  I believe this is because there's
no mktemp in my system (alpha-osf).  Using BASH won't help since the script
has /bin/sh in it.

How is this supposed to work?

* Re: Problem with config.guess in top-of-tree
@ 2003-01-03  5:36 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2003-01-03  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

  Richard> I'm trying to configure with it and I get a message that it
  Richard> can't create a temporary directory in /tmp.  I believe this
  Richard> is because there's no mktemp in my system (alpha-osf).
  Richard> Using BASH won't help since the script has /bin/sh in it.

  Richard> How is this supposed to work?

Problems should be reported to the inappropriately named
config-patches address, but not to worry!

The temporary filename generation code is new as of a week ago.  I
looked at it pretty closely, but in the end, decided to let it loose
and wait for problem reports, expecting that they can be fixed
quickly.  So--thanks!

Can you run sh -x config.guess and send it to me directly so that I
can get an easy handle on what is going wrong?  There is fallback code
to handle systems without mktemp which should be kicking in.

Ben