* What's the 'Mail' program mentioned on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html
@ 2009-08-18 21:41 Larry Evans
From: Larry Evans @ 2009-08-18 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I don't have any program called Mail on my system:

-*- mode: compilation; default-directory:
"~/download/gcc/svn/trunk/contrib/" -*-
Compilation started at Tue Aug 18 11:45:20

which Mail

Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue Aug 18 11:45:20

So how do I get it?  Using synaptic to search for Mail
is not very useful.  I've tried searching:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-mail_clients

and that mentions Mail as being from Apple; so, that
can't be the one.

TIA.

-Larry

* Re: What's the 'Mail' program mentioned on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html
@ 2009-08-18 23:56 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2009-08-18 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Evans; +Cc: gcc

2009/8/18 Larry Evans:
> I don't have any program called Mail on my system:

It might be called /usr/bin/mailx or just /usr/bin/mail (small 'm') on
some systems.

Jonathan

* Re: What's the 'Mail' program mentioned on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html
@ 2009-08-19 10:25 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-08-19 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Evans; +Cc: gcc

Larry Evans <cppljevans@suddenlink.net> writes:

> I don't have any program called Mail on my system:

It's usually part of the mailx package.  In any case, you can edit the
script to use any command line program which sends e-mail.

Ian