* RISC-V GCC Patchwork Sync-Up Meeting
@ 2023-04-17 15:08 Palmer Dabbelt
From: Palmer Dabbelt @ 2023-04-17 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

The topic of having some sort of RISC-V development meeting has come up
a handful of times, but we never got around to actually setting anything
up.  We've had a patchwork sync meeting for the RISC-V Linux port for a
few months now and it's been super helpful, I figured it be best to just
do something similar for GCC.

The idea is sort of copied from the glibc patchwork meeting, but I've
never been to that before so it's a bit freeform.  Essentially we just
run through the patch backlog and try to make sure everything has been
triaged, which can go a lot quicker in real-time.  We also generally
have time after the triaging to go through and talk about anything
that's of interest.  Like the other meetings this is very much optional
-- in other words, we'll still reflect anything discussed onto the
mailing lists, this is just an additional place to talk.

Here's the Google Meet invite link:

    RISC-V GCC Patchwork Sync
    Tuesday, April 18 · 7:30 – 8:30am
    Google Meet joining info
    Video call link: https://meet.google.com/gsf-dchk-ijn

Happy to move to some other service if that's better for folks, this is
just easy to set up on my end.  We can also move to another time if
that's better for folks.  We'll start with every week at 7:30am Pacific.
I've also got a calendar with just this meeting on it, in case it's
easier to have that imported.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=Y18xZGUzNDJiN2I4ZmNhNWY4ODg3MWY5NmNkMTkzYmJmOTJkMDNiNmY0NDdlMzk5ZjFlNzA1ZWJjM2Y3Nzg5YTlkQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20

Sorry for the late notice, but I'd forgotten to actually send out an
email.

* Re: RISC-V GCC Patchwork Sync-Up Meeting
@ 2023-04-18 15:34 ` Palmer Dabbelt
From: Palmer Dabbelt @ 2023-04-18 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 08:08:42 PDT (-0700), Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> The topic of having some sort of RISC-V development meeting has come up
> a handful of times, but we never got around to actually setting anything
> up.  We've had a patchwork sync meeting for the RISC-V Linux port for a
> few months now and it's been super helpful, I figured it be best to just
> do something similar for GCC.
>
> The idea is sort of copied from the glibc patchwork meeting, but I've
> never been to that before so it's a bit freeform.  Essentially we just
> run through the patch backlog and try to make sure everything has been
> triaged, which can go a lot quicker in real-time.  We also generally
> have time after the triaging to go through and talk about anything
> that's of interest.  Like the other meetings this is very much optional
> -- in other words, we'll still reflect anything discussed onto the
> mailing lists, this is just an additional place to talk.
>
> Here's the Google Meet invite link:
>
>     RISC-V GCC Patchwork Sync
>     Tuesday, April 18 · 7:30 – 8:30am
>     Google Meet joining info
>     Video call link: https://meet.google.com/gsf-dchk-ijn
>
> Happy to move to some other service if that's better for folks, this is
> just easy to set up on my end.  We can also move to another time if
> that's better for folks.  We'll start with every week at 7:30am Pacific.
> I've also got a calendar with just this meeting on it, in case it's
> easier to have that imported.
>
> https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=Y18xZGUzNDJiN2I4ZmNhNWY4ODg3MWY5NmNkMTkzYmJmOTJkMDNiNmY0NDdlMzk5ZjFlNzA1ZWJjM2Y3Nzg5YTlkQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20
>
> Sorry for the late notice, but I'd forgotten to actually send out an
> email.

A handful of us met today and we decided a few things:

We're going to use the sourceware GCC patchwork.  That's shared between
all GCC targets and there's a lot of outstanding patches for other
ports, so we're just going to look at patches with "risc-v" in the
subject (specifically
<https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/gcc/list/?q=risc-v>).  That
doesn't mean we're going to stop looking at anything else, just that
we're going to make sure all those patches get triaged regularly.

To make things manageable, we're going to just bulk archive everything
from 2022 and earlier.  If there's anything in there folks want looked
it then please ping it, but the assumption is that everything is
sufficiently out of date that it at least needs to be rebased.

If that's OK with folks then I'll go archive the old RISC-V patches so
we can get things triaged more easily.

* Re: RISC-V GCC Patchwork Sync-Up Meeting
@ 2023-05-23 17:19   ` Palmer Dabbelt
From: Palmer Dabbelt @ 2023-05-23 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 08:34:34 PDT (-0700), Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 08:08:42 PDT (-0700), Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
>> The topic of having some sort of RISC-V development meeting has come up
>> a handful of times, but we never got around to actually setting anything
>> up.  We've had a patchwork sync meeting for the RISC-V Linux port for a
>> few months now and it's been super helpful, I figured it be best to just
>> do something similar for GCC.
>>
>> The idea is sort of copied from the glibc patchwork meeting, but I've
>> never been to that before so it's a bit freeform.  Essentially we just
>> run through the patch backlog and try to make sure everything has been
>> triaged, which can go a lot quicker in real-time.  We also generally
>> have time after the triaging to go through and talk about anything
>> that's of interest.  Like the other meetings this is very much optional
>> -- in other words, we'll still reflect anything discussed onto the
>> mailing lists, this is just an additional place to talk.
>>
>> Here's the Google Meet invite link:
>>
>>     RISC-V GCC Patchwork Sync
>>     Tuesday, April 18 · 7:30 – 8:30am
>>     Google Meet joining info
>>     Video call link: https://meet.google.com/gsf-dchk-ijn
>>
>> Happy to move to some other service if that's better for folks, this is
>> just easy to set up on my end.  We can also move to another time if
>> that's better for folks.  We'll start with every week at 7:30am Pacific.
>> I've also got a calendar with just this meeting on it, in case it's
>> easier to have that imported.
>>
>> https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=Y18xZGUzNDJiN2I4ZmNhNWY4ODg3MWY5NmNkMTkzYmJmOTJkMDNiNmY0NDdlMzk5ZjFlNzA1ZWJjM2Y3Nzg5YTlkQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20
>>
>> Sorry for the late notice, but I'd forgotten to actually send out an
>> email.
>
> A handful of us met today and we decided a few things:
>
> We're going to use the sourceware GCC patchwork.  That's shared between
> all GCC targets and there's a lot of outstanding patches for other
> ports, so we're just going to look at patches with "risc-v" in the
> subject (specifically
> <https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/gcc/list/?q=risc-v>).  That
> doesn't mean we're going to stop looking at anything else, just that
> we're going to make sure all those patches get triaged regularly.
>
> To make things manageable, we're going to just bulk archive everything
> from 2022 and earlier.  If there's anything in there folks want looked
> it then please ping it, but the assumption is that everything is
> sufficiently out of date that it at least needs to be rebased.
>
> If that's OK with folks then I'll go archive the old RISC-V patches so
> we can get things triaged more easily.

After running a few of these, it turns out Meet has a few headaches so
we're switching to Zoom.  I've updated the calendar, here's the Zoom
meeting invite:

Palmer Dabbelt is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: RISC-V GCC Pathwork Sync
Time: May 30, 2023 07:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
        Every week on Tue, until Jul 9, 2024, 59 occurrence(s)
        May 30, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jun 6, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jun 13, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jun 20, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jun 27, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jul 4, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jul 11, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jul 18, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jul 25, 2023 07:30 AM
        Aug 1, 2023 07:30 AM
        Aug 8, 2023 07:30 AM
        Aug 15, 2023 07:30 AM
        Aug 22, 2023 07:30 AM
        Aug 29, 2023 07:30 AM
        Sep 5, 2023 07:30 AM
        Sep 12, 2023 07:30 AM
        Sep 19, 2023 07:30 AM
        Sep 26, 2023 07:30 AM
        Oct 3, 2023 07:30 AM
        Oct 10, 2023 07:30 AM
        Oct 17, 2023 07:30 AM
        Oct 24, 2023 07:30 AM
        Oct 31, 2023 07:30 AM
        Nov 7, 2023 07:30 AM
        Nov 14, 2023 07:30 AM
        Nov 21, 2023 07:30 AM
        Nov 28, 2023 07:30 AM
        Dec 5, 2023 07:30 AM
        Dec 12, 2023 07:30 AM
        Dec 19, 2023 07:30 AM
        Dec 26, 2023 07:30 AM
        Jan 2, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jan 9, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jan 16, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jan 23, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jan 30, 2024 07:30 AM
        Feb 6, 2024 07:30 AM
        Feb 13, 2024 07:30 AM
        Feb 20, 2024 07:30 AM
        Feb 27, 2024 07:30 AM
        Mar 5, 2024 07:30 AM
        Mar 12, 2024 07:30 AM
        Mar 19, 2024 07:30 AM
        Mar 26, 2024 07:30 AM
        Apr 2, 2024 07:30 AM
        Apr 9, 2024 07:30 AM
        Apr 16, 2024 07:30 AM
        Apr 23, 2024 07:30 AM
        Apr 30, 2024 07:30 AM
        May 7, 2024 07:30 AM
        May 14, 2024 07:30 AM
        May 21, 2024 07:30 AM
        May 28, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jun 4, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jun 11, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jun 18, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jun 25, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jul 2, 2024 07:30 AM
        Jul 9, 2024 07:30 AM
Weekly: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/tZ0vc-GuqTMuHtVmPgBBAsUxU82rL8B_hr91/ics?icsToken=98tyKuGhrD8iHNOdtB2GRpx5AI-gWe7wtlxbgrdrkS_iIQJycTbuA7oQIJ4nMufY

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89248678441?pwd=QjRCWWFZMmFnNVZNdGVDL0xrUUYzQT09

Meeting ID: 892 4867 8441
Passcode: 982335
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,89248678441#,,,,*982335# US (San Jose)
+16694449171,,89248678441#,,,,*982335# US

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 444 9171 US
        +1 719 359 4580 US