* egcs on macos?
@ 1998-02-09  8:26 op Span
From: op Span @ 1998-02-09  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

did anybody succesfully compile egcs on a powermac using the absoft C
compiler and MPW?

Would like to hear from you...

* Re:  egcs on macos?
@ 1998-02-10  0:53 Ian Piumarta
From: Ian Piumarta @ 1998-02-10  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: op_span; +Cc: egcs

> did anybody succesfully compile egcs on a powermac using the absoft C
> compiler and MPW?

I tried using the ancient buildtools from ftp.cygnus.com, with the mwppc
compiler and MPW stuff shipped in CodeWarrior 10.  I didn't get past the
config, apparently because of a missing script (NewFolderRecursive) in
the buildtools.

I sent mail to egcs-bugs a few weeks ago, and had a very promising reply
along the lines of "this should be possible if we extract the latest MPW
stuff from the cygnus tree and make it available", which was also copied
to the person that I presume to be the MPW expert at Cygnus.

Unfortunately, I've heard nothing since...

(The egcs-bugs list is hyperactive, so it's just possible that I deleted
a relevant message by mistake -- but I've tried to be *very* careful
about this.)

Regards,

Ian
Ian Piumarta, INRIA Rocquencourt,          Internet: Ian.Piumarta@inria.fr
BP105, 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex, FRANCE         Voice: +33 1 39 63 52 87