* Re: Project guidance regarding the cp-demangler non recursive .
       [not found] <CABhGnjvQgUN4aGybFii-ALrCzcE=KsAshcXyKoz3kZNdQF+X=Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-03-02 18:44 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2022-03-02 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

we are delighted you found contributing to GCC interesting.

On Fri, Feb 25 2022, Krishna Narayanan wrote:
> Hello,
> I am keen on working with the non recursive demangler,I have done a

I have just replied to another request about the project, you'll find my
email at https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2022-March/238353.html

> good amount of research on the demangler and intend on working with
> it.I have understood the concept behind demangler,why it is needed and
> what problem arises due to overloading due to which need demangling
> concepts.I have been through the ABI
> (https://itanium-cxx-abi.github.io/cxx-abi/abi.html#intro) and
> gathered some great content from here.I am going through the gcc
> cp-demangle.c and understanding its workflow.I am also going through
> the templates used in C++ and memory layout.

I am afraid I do not understand, the memory layout of anything in C++ is
not that important for this project.

> Prior to this I was having
> a look at LIFO and its working,I was emphasising more on
> stackoverflow,why and how does it happen?

All right... I understand stack overflow can be a great resource but
make sure you do understand the algorithmic issues behind the project
very well before embarking on the project.  Looking things up there on
the go is definitely not good enough.

> As you are the project mentor I would like to ask guidance from you
> regarding the process of the project ,how to proceed further
> topics,which task should be done first at an initial level and given
> preference, then moving on further.

Read my message I posted a link to above and try to plan the project
and priorities yourself.  We can then tune whatever you some up with.

Good luck!

Martin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-03-02 18:44 UTC | newest]