* GSoC
@ 2018-03-14  9:49 Maria Kalikas
From: Maria Kalikas @ 2018-03-14  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello anyone this concerns,

My name is Maria Kalikas and I am a senior majoring in Computer Science at
The University of Akron.

My familiarity and continuous reading of the C++ Standard has encouraged me
to extend the previously developed support for concepts in GCC. I want to
modify the implementation to conform with the current specification in the
C++ Standard. I am curious to know if this would be a good project to
propose for Google Summer of Code and am interested in finding a mentor.

 I took a Compiler Design course in Spring 2017 where I designed a compiler
for a C-like programming language. My implementation is written in C++.
Since completing the course, I became familiar with Clang and LLVM and am
currently completing a capstone project where I am creating a virtual
machine to implement the C++ abstract machine using LLVM instructions and
rewriting the conversions, expressions and declarations specified in the
C++ Standard as three address code instructions.

I look forward to any responses and feedback.

Thank you,

Maria Kalikas

* Re: GSoC (Making C++ concepts conform to the current standard)
@ 2018-03-14 17:23 ` Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2018-03-14 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maria Kalikas, gcc; +Cc: jason, nathan

Hello Maria,

On Wed, Mar 14 2018, Maria Kalikas wrote:
> Hello anyone this concerns,
>
> My name is Maria Kalikas and I am a senior majoring in Computer Science at
> The University of Akron.
>
> My familiarity and continuous reading of the C++ Standard has encouraged me
> to extend the previously developed support for concepts in GCC. I want to
> modify the implementation to conform with the current specification in the
> C++ Standard. I am curious to know if this would be a good project to
> propose for Google Summer of Code and am interested in finding a mentor.

I personally do not know what the status of C++ concept implementation
is, how much it differs from the current standard is or whether making
it more up to date would make a good GSoC project.  Jason, Nathan, what
do you think?  (And if so, would you be willing to be a mentor?  Can you
think of someone else?)

Martin

@ 2018-03-14 17:26   ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2018-03-14 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jambor, Maria Kalikas, gcc; +Cc: jason

On 03/14/2018 01:23 PM, Martin Jambor wrote:

>> My familiarity and continuous reading of the C++ Standard has encouraged me
>> to extend the previously developed support for concepts in GCC. I want to
>> modify the implementation to conform with the current specification in the
>> C++ Standard. I am curious to know if this would be a good project to
>> propose for Google Summer of Code and am interested in finding a mentor.
>
> I personally do not know what the status of C++ concept implementation
> is, how much it differs from the current standard is or whether making
> it more up to date would make a good GSoC project.  Jason, Nathan, what
> do you think?  (And if so, would you be willing to be a mentor?  Can you
> think of someone else?)

Jason and I have been discussing this.  Updating the concepts code would
be a good thing.  It happens to be one of the C++ standardization
meetings this week.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell